Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Traded my Nexus 10 for a Note 10.1. Did I make a mistake?

Hey everyone,

First off let me set the tone here by saying I am a computer engineering major, and I have been looking for a tablet that can be my note taker/paper-replacement for quite some time.

I just recently sold my Nexus 10 on ebay, and was able to get a hold of a refurbished Note 10.1 without spending a dime (which I was pretty proud of, considering the note is ~$100 more). I LOVED my Nexus 10; it had a beautiful display and was lightning fast. The only downside, albeit it was a huge one for me, was that note taking on it was a pain. There just aren't any styluses or apps for capacitive screens that make note taking seem practical. My Note 10.1 will be at my doorstep in 3-4 days, and after doing research, I feel like I'm making a good decision.

So I just wanted to know, have you guys enjoyed using your Note 10.1 for note taking/productivity? Is it a pretty fast device? And what about the screen? It gets hit on a lot for the screen, and coming from a Nexus 10, I can notice the difference, but personally I think a few less pixels would be worth the s-pen. Thanks!

Default Re: Traded my Nexus 10 for a Note 10.1. Did I make a mistake?

For simple not taking, I use Papyrus. For things with diagrams and formulas, sNote seems best, but it takes some effort to learn.

I take notes extensively on both my Note 2 and 10-1. Notes, working with multiple pdf files, importing multiple pdf files and pictures. SNotes does not allow you t import multiple pdf files. If you are doing serious note taking, look at Lecture Notes.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrFluffbear View Post
    Hey everyone,

First off let me set the tone here by saying I am a computer engineering major, and I have been looking for a tablet that can be my note taker/paper-replacement for quite some time.

I just recently sold my Nexus 10 on ebay, and was able to get a hold of a refurbished Note 10.1 without spending a dime (which I was pretty proud of, considering the note is ~$100 more). I LOVED my Nexus 10; it had a beautiful display and was lightning fast. The only downside, albeit it was a huge one for me, was that note taking on it was a pain. There just aren't any styluses or apps for capacitive screens that make note taking seem practical. My Note 10.1 will be at my doorstep in 3-4 days, and after doing research, I feel like I'm making a good decision.

So I just wanted to know, have you guys enjoyed using your Note 10.1 for note taking/productivity? Is it a pretty fast device? And what about the screen? It gets hit on a lot for the screen, and coming from a Nexus 10, I can notice the difference, but personally I think a few less pixels would be worth the s-pen. Thanks!
    You made a great choice. The S-Pen is excellent for taking notes, and the quality of the tablet is great. I don't believe you have expandability options with the Nexus either - is that correct? Here you can add a 64GB microSD card.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Correct. You can't add any storage on the Nexus 10. I can't wait for it to get here. Looking around on the internet it seems like there has been nothing but love for the Note 10.1. Haven't really seen much complaints about the screen either, which makes me optimistic.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Just upgraded from an HP Touchpad to a Note 10.1. The world has shifted it's axis! I tried using passive stylus with the HP. Was a no go. With the Note, the paper notepad has not since been taken from the drawer. Many a tree will remain standing now .
    Yes it is worth it. And the resolution on the Note is great. Certainly works for me.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I have had my (wifi only) GN10.1 (refirb from Walmart + $50 2-year replacement plan) for a little over a week now, and have used it extensively for taking notes. I am a Service Delivery Manager for the company I work for and meet with customers frequently. The SNote app is extremely versatile. I am still learning the nuances of it, but have no complaints yet.
    I also do freelance Graphic Design, and have begun a few projects on it, with great results. Also, I keep the brightness at about 75% (bright), and the battery lasts all day.
    My good friend owns a patio/paver company - I showed him the capabilities of the tablet over the weekend (of taking pictures of yards, and planning the layout right there on the Note, etc), and he immediately ordered it.
    The stylus IS a bit small, and it can be a bit difficult to write at first (when you are used to leaning your palm on a paper), but you get used to it.
    I am strongly considering buying the Wacom Bamboo Feel Stylus, as I have heard positive reviews of others using it on the Note (phone & tablet alike).
    The case I got (M-Edge Universal: M-Edge Universal 10" Tablet PC Case, Black: iPad & eReaders : Walmart.com) is great, and has a loop for a pen/stylus as well.
    One caveat that I was initially concerned with, was the lower resolution. I can honestly say that I have no complaints on the display whatsoever. The colors are vibrant, and I have watched movies on it with no problems of graininess, etc.
    I don't know what your impressions would be, coming from the eye-popping Nexus 10, but the capabilities of the Note 10.1 far outweigh that (in my opinion).
    Good luck with your Note, and enjoy! Looking forward to your impressions and thoughts!
    IG: Damion95 / Xbox: Himm again
    My page: Hate bad parking? Come share your pics!
    www.facebook.com/PoorlyParked