Mirror Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 screen on Samsung Smart TV Wirelessly

alandr

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I just wonder if I could get some help from you advanced Android users.This is what I'm trying to do.
I'd like to Mirror Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 screen on Samsung Smart TV wirelessly.
That would be not to play video files or look at the pictures stored on my tablet via my Samsung Smart TV ( I would say dumb TV if you ask me)
But go to website that plays movie in Flash and be able to watch that movie on my big screen TV.
I know how to do that using HDMI adapter that I got from Samsung by connecting to a tablet charger and to HDMI cable that connects back to TV. I'm doing that now but using long HDMI cable.
I could probably live with it, but it makes me extremely angry that number of devices made by Samsung can?t interact with one another flawlessly
Don't get me wrong folks about Samsung Smart TV.
The TV portion works awesome! But when I go to the Smart Hub and trying do the typing search in browser window by pressing yellow button on the remote to call the cursor, then pressing enter to get keyboard on the screen, and then do the fun part: pointing to single letter at the time and click then on that letter to make it appear in the search bar and repeat the same for every letter.
I was trying to use wireless keyboard works well in browser window but I needed a mouse to use a cursor. So I bought keyboard and mouse that uses same Nano adapter (two in one).
But oops! New challenge: smart TV thinks that my mouse is his cursor and messing up my navigation again. Plus keyboard doesn't work inside apps like Netflix at all.
So I thought that since my tablet works fine why I can?t mirror his screen on big TV like Airplay does for Apple devices?
That you in advance to all who replied!

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I just wonder if I could get some help from you advanced Android users.This is what I'm trying to do.
I'd like to Mirror Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 screen on Samsung Smart TV wirelessly.
That would be not to play video files or look at the pictures stored on my tablet via my Samsung Smart TV ( I would say dumb TV if you ask me)
But go to website that plays movie in Flash and be able to watch that movie on my big screen TV.
I know how to do that using HDMI adapter that I got from Samsung by connecting to a tablet charger and to HDMI cable that connects back to TV. I'm doing that now but using long HDMI cable.
I could probably live with it, but it makes me extremely angry that number of devices made by Samsung can?t interact with one another flawlessly
Don't get me wrong folks about Samsung Smart TV.
The TV portion works awesome! But when I go to the Smart Hub and trying do the typing search in browser window by pressing yellow button on the remote to call the cursor, then pressing enter to get keyboard on the screen, and then do the fun part: pointing to single letter at the time and click then on that letter to make it appear in the search bar and repeat the same for every letter.
I was trying to use wireless keyboard works well in browser window but I needed a mouse to use a cursor. So I bought keyboard and mouse that uses same Nano adapter (two in one).
But oops! New challenge: smart TV thinks that my mouse is his cursor and messing up my navigation again. Plus keyboard doesn't work inside apps like Netflix at all.
So I thought that since my tablet works fine why I can?t mirror his screen on big TV like Airplay does for Apple devices?
That you in advance to all who replied!

In order to use allshare cast to view your tablet screen on your tv over wifi, you have to purchase the $65 allshare cast hub dongle which plugs into the hdmi port on your tv.
Amazon.com: Samsung WI-FI All-Share Cast Hub, Wireless HDMI Display Adapter (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Otherwise you are stuck with the cable or just dlna sharing of media files. For anyone struggling with the Nearby Devices Samsung file sharing, you have to go to settings and check the file sharing box under more settings/media settings/nearby devices.

Apparently the allshare cast hub is not all that reliable.

alandr

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
repligation, thank you for a tip.
Unfortunately as you said, the all-share cast hub is not all that reliable.
That device has not very good reviews. However Samsung coming with other box named HomeSync:
"Samsung HomeSync is a high-capacity personal cloud device for your home. It lets you stream content from your GALAXY device such as the GALAXY S4 to the TV, so you can watch, browse and access all your home videos, photos and apps at full-HD 1080p.
With a 1TB internal hard drive, your family can share content wherever, whenever, at no extra cost.
By connecting multiple accounts and devices, and using remote control, sharing precious memories with others gets much simpler.
HomeSync, a home hub solution that gives you the best entertainment experience on a big screen TV, a shared storage large enough for an entire family, and a new way of enjoying your HDTV through a familiar and smarter Android user experience."

Introducing Samsung HomeSync - YouTube

That box looks like a solution, but there is no information about that device on Samsung website, neither begin sale date anywhere.
I did some research on that box and found that it will cost around 350$.
Not sure I want to pay that much,plus there is no guarantee it will work smoothly.
I heard also that Samsung bought start-up company called "Boxee".
That company is known for producing set top boxes.
Well one can only hope that Samsung will utilize Boxee to produce better devices.

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
repligation, thank you for a tip.
Unfortunately as you said, the all-share cast hub is not all that reliable.
That device has not very good reviews. However Samsung coming with other box named HomeSync:
"Samsung HomeSync is a high-capacity personal cloud device for your home. It lets you stream content from your GALAXY device such as the GALAXY S4 to the TV, so you can watch, browse and access all your home videos, photos and apps at full-HD 1080p.
With a 1TB internal hard drive, your family can share content wherever, whenever, at no extra cost.
By connecting multiple accounts and devices, and using remote control, sharing precious memories with others gets much simpler.
HomeSync, a home hub solution that gives you the best entertainment experience on a big screen TV, a shared storage large enough for an entire family, and a new way of enjoying your HDTV through a familiar and smarter Android user experience."

Introducing Samsung HomeSync - YouTube

That box looks like a solution, but there is no information about that device on Samsung website, neither begin sale date anywhere.
I did some research on that box and found that it will cost around 350$.
Not sure I want to pay that much,plus there is no guarantee it will work smoothly.
I heard also that Samsung bought start-up company called "Boxee".
That company is known for producing set top boxes.
Well one can only hope that Samsung will utilize Boxee to produce better devices.

That homesync device looks nice, but you could achieve mostly the same functionality for half the price or better with a dlna certified router with a USB/sata port and an external hard drive (NAS).

This is what I do at my house. Total cost was around $150.
I have a Netgear WNDR3700 which I got for about $80 and 1.5 TB Seagate external drive which I got at Walmart for $70 before the floods jacked the price of storage a couple years ago.

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I think Chromecast is the answer here!

I agree that the Chromecast dongle is a great deal and presents an inexpensive possible solution to this kind of issue, but the original question concerns mirroring the screen of the device on the TV. Chromecast will not do that. Nor will anything else do it reliably other than an hdmi/mhl adapter cable which coincidentally is also $35 right now.

If I didn't already have a blu ray player that does the same thing, then Chromecast would likely be a new purchase. Nonetheless, the reality of what Chromecast will do right now is a little more limited than what you might have been led to believe. Right now it is not able to cast content from the mobile version of Chrome, nor can it stream your personal content that is not loaded into Google Play Music/Google Play Movies.

Rod Dierenfeld

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I just purchased a Samsung HDTV6550 and unable to mirror with Samsung GT P7510, GT P5210 tablet, and Droid Razr M; Contacted Samsung tablet support and they advised that the tablets need to have (view mirror) in its operations system, which none are found on my devices items. Samsung TV support said it need to have (smart TV view 2.0) installed. I went to google play store to down load it, and found the application in not compatible with none of my devices.

alandr

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
You need to have a smart TV on order to mirror your device.Thats one.
If not then other option is to buy Google Chromecast ,connect it to your tv pluginh in to your HDMI, pair that with your Samsung tablet to make sure that Chromecast can see your tablet.
Unfortunately it didn't work with mine because Chromecast will only mirror what ever on your tablet screen starting with Kit Kat (4.4)version of Android or later.So basically your tablet has to have Kit Kat (4.4)version of Android on it.
Mine is on Jely Bean ( 4.1.2) so I can only mirror a few apps via Chromecast.I ended to be returning Chromecast back to Best Buy.

Colindonell

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
I use an electronic device known as Prijector to Mirror Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 screen on Samsung Smart TV Wirelessly. I am pity much sure it'll solve all your problems. You can check it here prijector dot com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital