Remove multi window tray?

Felderburg

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Ever since the first day I got my note I've been annoyed by one thing: the multi window tray. I hardly ever use the multi window dual view function. However, when I'm typing I constantly find myself hitting the little arrow and bringing up the stupid tray instead of typing a space. If I want dual view, most programs have a button in the top corner. I'd much rather not have the tray than keep missing spacebars.

Felderburg

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I saw that advice in the phone version of galaxy notes, but that seems to be for a different ui button type than my tablet has. Long pressing the back button doesn't do anything on the note 10.1 other than take me back or do nothing if I'm on the home screen.

Edit: the screen capture doesn't take the menu bar apparently, so I can't show an actual screenshot. But the Note in this image shows what I'm talking about: http://phandroid.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Galaxy-Note_HR.jpg The main bar on the bottom never goes away, and you can see the up pointing arrow that pulls up the multi window programs tray right in the middle - and right next to where the space bar is when the keyboard is open. It's that arrow that I keep pressing. How do I get rid of it?

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you can disable it from your settings - > display menu. We're currently running the same bade version of tw. So it should work, it's how I disabled it on my s3.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

Felderburg

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
There's nothing in that settings menu, and there doesn't appear to be anything elsewhere in the settings. I've looked, and I'm going to keep looking' but so far no luck.

Is it because the note uses Samsung's modified android ui, rather than just straight android?

ron reese

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Just hold down the back button at the bottom and it will go away. If u want it back do the same and its back. Pretty easy. This works on the note. Idk about s3

Maz4

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Pressing the back key on the Note 10.1 does not remove the multi window:(
Someone help its driving me crazy!!
Nothing in the menu setting either to remove it, arrggghhh!

roguetrader

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
It is not possible for the multi-window tray at the bottom to be removed at all - unless you root. Sad, but true.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7