1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Deleted a folder; is it possible to retrieve?

I meant to delete a file, and accidentally deleted the entire folder. With work I was in the middle of--ouch! Is there a "trash" bin I haven't found yet? Or an app to retrieve the file? I downloaded DiskDigger, but apparently I'm not a Superuser with root privileges? (Not even sure what that means.) I would greatly appreciate any easy-to-understand help you can give. Thanks!

Default Re: Deleted a folder; is it possible to retrieve?

No

Sent from my Xolo_X900 using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I found something about connecting the tablet to a PC?

Not sure how to connect to a PC--is that what the "microS" port is? Or if this info is ONLY for images and video?

Disconnect the cable from the wall charger and plug that end of the cable into a USB connector on your PC. Connect the 30 pin connector on the other end to your GN 10.1. Voila.

Don't know if the method will work for other file types but it can't hurt to try it. If you try it, please post the result so others will know.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks! That helped me figure out how to connect the tablet to my computer. I tried Wondershare Dr.Fone, but it works for only image and video files. These were all documents. I'll look about for other potential recovery tools tomorrow, but it's not looking good. I appreciate your help!

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Do yourself a favor and install "Recycle Bin" on your Note. I ran into the same problem, though luckily for me, it was only one file! I messed around for quite a while, and couldn't get any programs to retrieve the deleted files. I'm sure an expert could do it, but I was completely lost, and I'm not rooted either. Recycle Bin works great, but it does seem to slow the system a little bit. Worth it though, IMO!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks! I downloaded Dumpster, which seems to have quite a lot of fans. It seems similar to Recycle Bin? It's kind of silly that it's not automatically part of the system--I'm sure most people expect it to be, or think it IS until it's too late. Like me.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

I never tried Dumpster, so I couldn't tell you for sure, but I'm willing to bet that they're similar. If I delete something, I go into Recycle Bin, and it's sitting there, and I can restore it if I want it back. And I agree, that should be part of the system by default!