Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By glitchgod
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What's happened to note 10.1

Im reading how other Samsung notes and galaxy tab are being updated left and right. Some even reporting 4.3!!!
    I must ask though did Samsung for get us? I hate to think so since I always saw Samsung as being better then HTC but come on Samsung

Anyone know anything about the Note 10.1 maybe Note 10.2 ver 2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Default Re: What's happened to note 10.1

I wouldn't worry a ton about it. 4.2 doesn't bring all that much to the table, and 4.3 is really just BLE and TRIM support. Luckily, the Note 10.1 doesn't suffer the way the Nexus 7 2012 model did with the lack of TRIM support. BLE is a lot more useful on phones, not to say it wouldn't have a place with your tablet. All in all, the decoupling of the core Google apps from the OS ease this a lot. You're not missing all that much.
    If you really want a more updated OS, try to learn about rooting and custom roms. Don't do anything until you really understand it, but this can open the door to higher versions of Android than are officially supported.

Rumors of the Note 10.1 2nd gen being announced at IFA with the Note 3 phone. Rumors so we'll see, but it's due for an upgrade. As far as I've seen there isn't any talk of any of the current galaxy lineup getting 4.3 officially. The only devices spoken of currently are the Note 2 (getting 4.3), Galaxy S3 and Galaxy S4. Shoot, the tab 3 lineup dropped in July and came with 4.1...a bit disappointing but at least they're claiming the Note 3 is dropping with 4.3.
    Sprint: HTC Touch, HTC Hero, HTC Evo 3D, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    Samsung Series 3 Chromebook
    2013 Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kenyon View Post
    I wouldn't worry a ton about it. 4.2 doesn't bring all that much to the table, and 4.3 is really just BLE and TRIM support. Luckily, the Note 10.1 doesn't suffer the way the Nexus 7 2012 model did with the lack of TRIM support. BLE is a lot more useful on phones, not to say it wouldn't have a place with your tablet. All in all, the decoupling of the core Google apps from the OS ease this a lot. You're not missing all that much.
    If you really want a more updated OS, try to learn about rooting and custom roms. Don't do anything until you really understand it, but this can open the door to higher versions of Android than are officially supported.
    As well as support for OpenGL ES 3.0. That and restricted profiles could be useful for families with tablets.
    Sprint: HTC Touch, HTC Hero, HTC Evo 3D, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    Samsung Series 3 Chromebook
    2013 Nexus 7

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Good points.

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumSS View Post
    As well as support for OpenGL ES 3.0. That and restricted profiles could be useful for families with tablets.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Okay I once read that Samsung was sending out updates to the high end devices to allow SD storage of apps.
    Your thoughts on this cause it would be freaking awesome

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Quote Originally Posted by glitchgod View Post
    Okay I once read that Samsung was sending out updates to the high end devices to allow SD storage of apps.
    Your thoughts on this cause it would be freaking awesome

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app
    If it comes to the Note 10, it'll be after the other devices. S4 and Note 2 are their priority.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

That's sad,
    The note is really OP and should be kept OP

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app
    Scott Kenyon likes this.