Testing the usb port

eurosteve

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi - I just took home the note 10.1 and I'm trying out all of the possibilities.

I have a small portable hard drive (Buffalo Mini-Station 500 mb) and a portable DVD player/burner (Asus SDRW-08D1S-U). I thought if I got the Samsung USB adapter that if I hooked up a powered usb hub (putting out 2.0 amps) that I might be able to use one of these handy peripherals. But lo and behold - I can't get either of these puppies to be recognized by the note.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom as to whether it's possible to use either the hard drive or the DVD player with the note? Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Right now, I'm dead in the water.

Thanks,
Steve

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi - I just took home the note 10.1 and I'm trying out all of the possibilities.

I have a small portable hard drive (Buffalo Mini-Station 500 mb) and a portable DVD player/burner (Asus SDRW-08D1S-U). I thought if I got the Samsung USB adapter that if I hooked up a powered usb hub (putting out 2.0 amps) that I might be able to use one of these handy peripherals. But lo and behold - I can't get either of these puppies to be recognized by the note.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom as to whether it's possible to use either the hard drive or the DVD player with the note? Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Right now, I'm dead in the water.

Thanks,
Steve
No, neither will work. The hard drive is a possibility if you are rooted - even then it's not for sure since not every device is supported.

mangurian

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Plug in the adapter and device. Then restart the note 10.1

Use esplorer to find your device.

Works for flas drives and cameras.

I have not tried a hard drive, but it should work.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app