1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Play Store Won't Load

[re. Galaxy Note 10.1/16GB/wifi only/owned for about 6 wks.]
    The other day just out of the blue, I find Play Store won't load. An error message flashes up and is gone too fast for me to read it. This happens if I attempt to launch it from the icon, widget, or notifications for updates. Something seems to be corrupted. My other Google services appear to be intact, just affecting Play Store. I'm not seeing anyone else with this problem on this or any other devices, so I'm guessing it's something unique to my set-up. Any other forums or help sites anyone can suggest? (I assume going directly to Samsung, Google, or BestBuy would be a waste of time). I can get along without it in the short term, but since I can't download apps from there, nor can I update the apps I have, it has to be fixed.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Google Play Store Won't Load

Got it solved by Google apps support. Have to dig through all of their user support FAQs to get to the place where you can make direct contact. It seems occasionally the Downloads [process?] (not the app with the same name and the down-arrow, but the one with the android icon) is disabled by some sequence of user actions. Fixing it is merely a matter of locating that app in the settings and re-enabling it. Apparently, disabling an app sorts it to the bottom of the list, as mine was way down at the very end of the list of apps. Of, course you probably knew all of this already.

Quote Originally Posted by P_00 View Post
    Got it solved by Google apps support. Have to dig through all of their user support FAQs to get to the place where you can make direct contact. It seems occasionally the Downloads [process?] (not the app with the same name and the down-arrow, but the one with the android icon) is disabled by some sequence of user actions. Fixing it is merely a matter of locating that app in the settings and re-enabling it. Apparently, disabling an app sorts it to the bottom of the list, as mine was way down at the very end of the list of apps. Of, course you probably knew all of this already.
    Thanks, been working on this for 2 hours until I found your answer

Would you care elaborating a little on what exactly you have to do? I'm having this same problem with my wifes Note 10.1 and neither of us are very experienced with tablets at all, so I'm kind of lost as to how to go about fixing this problem