- 2 Posts
Downloads going to wrong location, help!
I've had my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 for about 10 months and I love it! I use it primarily to annotate PDFs for my college classes. I have a 16gb microSD card for storing pictures and music.
Until about a week ago, files downloaded from the Internet app have been saved to the internal storage in the Download folder. Now whenever I download a file, it saves to the microSD card. This is a problem because I cannot save my PDF annotations (says storage is read only).
I don't know what to do. Suggestions?? Help? Thanks!
- 09-25-2013, 10:30 AM #2
- 1,759 Posts
Re: Downloads going to wrong location, help!
I don't have my Note 10.1 in front of me (at work), but it should be similar to the Note 2; check the settings in the following areas:
1. In the Internet app, go into its settings, then "Advanced" and "Default Storage", ensure it's set to "Device" and not "Memory card".
2. In the My Files app, go into its settings, then under "Set document directory", ensure it's set to /storage/sdcard0/Download (sdcard0 is internal device storage and extSdCard is the external SD card).
Edit: you can also use the My Files app to move files as needed. Example, move from the Download folder on the external SD card to the Download folder on internal storage.
- 09-25-2013, 01:05 PM #4
- By MaccaBird in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 09-25-2013, 12:12 PM
- By SomeOne989 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 09-25-2013, 12:08 PM
- By loricross in forum ZTE Android PhonesReplies: 1Last Post: 09-25-2013, 11:00 AM
- By mtadao in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 09-25-2013, 09:36 AM
- By popcee in forum AT&T & Rogers One X Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 09-25-2013, 09:02 AM