PPTP VPN Issue

Chim20

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I have a question about VPN. I think the problem is that I don't fully understand it. On my PC, when I connect to my PPTP VPN at work I can then type in the server's IP into file explorer and access files from that server. I don't know how to do this on my Note 10.1 though. I connect to the VPN, but have no idea how to see the files on our server. Someone in the past helped me set this up in the Astro File Manager app, but I messed something up and it is no longer working. Any help is appreciated.

loatao

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
The PPTP VPN on my new Note 3 does not work either. To get to the VPN settings on my phone, it's: Settings --> More Settings --> VPN --> Basic VPN. Might be the same on your Note 10. I'm in IT so this could turn out to be a deal breaker for me. I have a week or so to find a solution before I might have to swap phones.

Dr Rose

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I have a question about VPN. I think the problem is that I don't fully understand it. On my PC, when I connect to my PPTP VPN at work I can then type in the server's IP into file explorer and access files from that server. I don't know how to do this on my Note 10.1 though. I connect to the VPN, but have no idea how to see the files on our server. Someone in the past helped me set this up in the Astro File Manager app, but I messed something up and it is no longer working. Any help is appreciated.

If you made a successful VPN connection then you will need a separate application to access the folder.
To the best of my knowledge, this application allows you to access network shares : https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.estrongs.android.pop&hl=en&token=fjhMJsrZ
When you setup the share remember to use the full UNC path. For example if I shared a folder called test on a machine called 'Rose-PC' then I would enter the following:
\\Rose-PC\test

Hope it helps,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38