What's the best custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

percistratus

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am sick and tired of my Galaxy Note 10.1 not getting updated to the current Android versions. I'm still stuck at 4.1.2 and there s aempktey no news of any upcoming update. This has made me greatly consider installing a custom ROM with Android 4.3. However my concerns are: will I be able to maintain some TouchWiz premium functionality? Will I be able to Maintain S Pen functionality? Will l be able to retain Photoshop Touch? What's the best custom ROM to install on my tablet?

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am sick and tired of my Galaxy Note 10.1 not getting updated to the current Android versions. I'm still stuck at 4.1.2 and there s aempktey no news of any upcoming update. This has made me greatly consider installing a custom ROM with Android 4.3. However my concerns are: will I be able to maintain some TouchWiz premium functionality? Will I be able to Maintain S Pen functionality? Will l be able to retain Photoshop Touch? What's the best custom ROM to install on my tablet?

Posted via Android Central App

If you want to keep the Samsung apps, you will have to flash a TouchWiz ROM. I peeked a little at XDA, and the only TW ROMs they have all seem to be 4.1, which makes sense, because in order to keep the ROM TW, you have to build off of it.
In order to get the latest OS, you will have to flash an AOSP based ROM. Doing that, you forfeit the ability to use the Samsung signed apps.