Battery takes forever to charge?

prestonmiller91

May 17, 2013
Visit site
My tablet can charge for 8 hours and only gain 10% want should I do? I am using the original charge cable and plug please help

Posted via Android Central App

Ember61

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
PRess the power button and the volume down button at the same time and hold until the unit restarts... it resets the charging cycle and the note will charge reasonably quick from then on... I do this on occasion when my battery seems to charge slow.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app

prestonmiller91

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I tried restarting it but that didn't work....and no I haven't tried a new charger but the one I'm using now is the original and is in perfect condition..

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If you buy a replacement make sure the output says something like 2 A or 2.1 A.. There are a lot of chargers for phones that are only 1 amp and you'll get the dreaded red x over the battery icon if the output is too low. Also, I know it's a fluke, but try a different outlet. I've noticed mine charges slower if I use the extension cord in one room.

novato48

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. It did not exist before I updated to lollipop ota. It is not the cable/charging system.

Could someone clarify the reset process?

Thanks

jjenco

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Had the same problem with a brand new Tab 10.5 S . Took forever to charge. Finally noticed a red 'X' over the battery icon. Changed the USB cable that came with the unit. Works like a charm now.

Kimmyone

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re why Battery takes forever to charge 4.4 tablet.

take so long to charge on 4.4 tablet
I have same one as you only had it a year and I barely use it, for same reason , because I charge all day get 26% and when I use it after 10 minutes battery's drained to 15% and then it goes off again . I'm basically paying for something I can't use

Jetlagged

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
I've had this problem a couple of times and on both occasions it was the cable. It seems to be particularly fragile as it enters the plug at the device end. They are expensive to replace at €25 ($26 or £21) but at least my second cable was less than 1 year old so still under guarantee.

Devi Shammuramat

Jul 11, 2020
Visit site
I tried restarting it but that didn't work....and no I haven't tried a new charger but the one I'm using now is the original and is in perfect condition..

Hi, have you tried cleaning the charging port out with a clean toothbrush ? Sometimes lint can clog up the connectors - shine a lamp or torch there and take a look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC