Samsung Galaxy Note 10 - S Note 2014 text conversion

wingman1800

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way in S note to convert hand writing directly to to text without using keyboard or having to circle text and then convert to text...... The reason I am confused is because I have seen videos that just show writing a word on blank sheet and it automatically converts to text???
thanks
tom

daiDroid

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I've seen the videos too, but haven't been able to figure it out either. I've gone to using evernote exclusively because of this.

Posted via Android Central App

Robert1775

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
In any application, go to the keyboard and hold the microphone key for a few seconds and a window will pop up with three icons. Choose the middle one - a T with a pen next to it. Click on that. A lined yellow pad will open on the bottom half of the screen where the keyboard was. Write on that with the S Pen and whatever you write will be converted to text in the application's text window. This works with all applications. To get back to the keyboard just hold the mike button that is now on top of the writing pad and you will get a keyboard icon to press and go back to the keyboard. Simple to go back and forth if you want to.

If you want an app to just write in and get .txt files created, Jota is free and works well. I use this all of the time as it is easier to get standard text documents than SNotes. You will be handwriting on the pad as described above, but your writing will appear as text on the Jota screen.

Also works for browsers, email - whatever the keyboard works with.

mangurian

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Wonderful !!! Where did you learn this trick ? I have been going though multiple menus in "settings" in order to turn keyboard on/off.

You win "post of the week"

Pat yourself on the back.

(I will take it all of the above back if it doesn't work.)

JL999K

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the tip, pity l didn't fInd this site hours ago! But In the earlier GN there was an option to write direct on screen without using yellow pad. Is this still an option hidden in the background?

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
If you hover the spen over a text field that has direct input enabled, there'll be a square pencil icon. Tap it and a mini note pad will pop up that translates writing to text.
Both this and the yellow pad will allow you to correct errors if you write directly over the letter you want to correct.

edit: wrong forum.... this is for 2014 version

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

colint3

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi I used to have a Note 8 and when using Snote I could click anywhere on the paper and the yellow box would appear, then I could write and my writing converted to text as I went. When a page was full it would automatically start a new page.
Now on my Note 10.1 2014 I cannot get to do the same thing. When I click on the page a text box appears and I have to type into that. After a lot of writing (about 30 mins) I was finished and saved. When I open the note I cannot see all that I typed only some of it. I have to click a little blue triangle on the bottom right of the note and then I can see everything.

My question is why does everything have to be done in a text box. I want it to be how it used to be on the Note 8.

Regards

Colin

William T Short

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I am with Colin its gone from being my most used app to rubbish. I will have to find something else possible evernote. I don't understand what Samsung are playing at every update makes matters worse-SNote Kies3 etc. I have just bought a Note4 and thinking I should have gone for the iPhone 6plus

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool