Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rockets123
  • 1 Post By Rockets123
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Lightbulb Using note while using external battery, discharge rate?

Hello,
    This is my 2nd post here, and this should be a good question for everyone.

I need an external battery, because I use the note for school (about 6hours per night, night college) and since i need to have it at least 65% (my minimum precaution value) charge when going to school, I was wondering if by using the external battery how much will it slow the energy consuption rate? Would it cut the discharge rate say by 50%?

Im asking this cause I need the tablet to study the annotations, wich leaves a short period of time to charge the tablet.

I am considering the following product:

Many thanks for reading (even if not replying) and any advice.

Default Re: Using note while using external battery, discharge rate?

The one I have holds about steady on a 8 GIG HD movie, If I am at say 82% after the movie a hour and a half latter I will show somewhere around 79%-82% on the pad with perhaps 85% charge left in the external.

This is the one I have, if you go for it make sure you plug the tablet in the right USB port, there are three, two for low drain phones at a half amp. Price is great and it seems solid as a rock.

Amazon.com: Anker 2nd Gen Astro3 12000mAh Portable Charger Backup External Battery World's-Fastest (4A Output) Triple-Port Shake-to-Wake Highest-Energy-efficiency Power Pack for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, iPad Air, iPads, Samsung Galaxy Tablets, othe
    Thanked by:
    Bruno Alves2 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you very much for the way gou exposed the information, that's what i needed to know.

Keep the cord from the battery to the tablet as short as you can, longer cords do not charge as fast, and keep an eye on output, the one you are looking at does 2 amps, mine does 4 amps, I think the note will take up to 2.1 amps which would be a slightly faster charge but yours at 1400mAh has a bigger gas tank. Maybe some else knows if the 4amp output on mine really makes much difference in charging speed.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    Bruno Alves2 likes this.