Galaxy Note 10.1 - Can't Record Notes with S Note

Addem

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
So I have a new, from-the-manufacturer Note 10.1, and my S Note app looks significantly different from ones I've seen on other devices. It doesn't have the brown trim or bookshelf, and in particular, it doesn't have the feature where I can record myself drawing a note. I wanted to use this device to produce explanatory videos, but I'm not seeing an effective way of doing that. I can't find a way of recording the screen without rooting the device, I can't find a way of displaying the screen on my computer's screen, and I can't get the thing to do a video recording of the S Note. I've looked through tons of help documents, users guides, YouTube demonstrations, and so on, downloaded tons of different apps to try to make something work, but nothing's working.

In case it helps, here is a shot which shows what my S Note app looks like. This thing lacks a lot of the options that the other S Note app has.

http://www.androidheadlines.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/S-Note-Paste.png

(This seems to have been taken from a Note 3, but the app on my Note 10.1 looks just the same.)

Any ideas or suggestions?

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Most of the YouTube videos are probably based on the 2012 version of S Note. You are evidently using the newer one.

For recording, you might check into the mobizen app which echoes and records your action on a connected PC. I tinkered with it a bit but never really got into it.

Also there is another board for the 2014 edition of the note. I follow both, but I suspect there are a lot of 2014 users that don't follow this one.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

roguetrader

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
So I have a new, from-the-manufacturer Note 10.1, and my S Note app looks significantly different from ones I've seen on other devices. It doesn't have the brown trim or bookshelf, and in particular, it doesn't have the feature where I can record myself drawing a note. I wanted to use this device to produce explanatory videos, but I'm not seeing an effective way of doing that. I can't find a way of recording the screen without rooting the device, I can't find a way of displaying the screen on my computer's screen, and I can't get the thing to do a video recording of the S Note. I've looked through tons of help documents, users guides, YouTube demonstrations, and so on, downloaded tons of different apps to try to make something work, but nothing's working.

In case it helps, here is a shot which shows what my S Note app looks like. This thing lacks a lot of the options that the other S Note app has.

http://www.androidheadlines.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/S-Note-Paste.png

(This seems to have been taken from a Note 3, but the app on my Note 10.1 looks just the same.)

Any ideas or suggestions?

Your pic looks like my Note 3. It may be the same on the new 10.1 - is it resizable?
Anyway, I opened one like your pic & I found record sketching by pressing the soft key to the left of the menu key on the device.
Once opened, a note is almost infinitely changeable from the in-note settings, background colours etc. etc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34