Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
01-08-2014 06:03 PM
3 replies
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cropping background

Hello , just got my new tablet today ( and writing from it right now ) . l tried setting up a new backgroundand it keeps cropping it in an annoying way and decrecing the resolutionalong with it . It makes a squared cropping but since the screen is wider it crops even more from the bottom of the picture after l did my cropping . No matter the resolution of the original picture it looks like crap . l also tried to download a picture from the internet but l don't know where to find it . ( sorry for the lack of commas but this stylus keyboard doesn't acknowledge my handwritten commas )

Default Re: Cropping background

It is annoying. I deal with it by editing images by adding wide bands of black or the a relevant color on both sides of the image. It is probably because images are to fit on a portrait-style display on phone for the biggest part of Android devices. If you look at my forum Avatar, which requires a square image, I've added colored bars on either side of a phone screenshot, so the final image is what I want. You can do pretty much the same thing with the Android forced cropping; Just edit the image using any editing software, save it, and use the modified version.

Can't do anything about the quality loss though.

Default Re: Cropping background

Image 2 Wallpaper adds options, jus tried, nice app, thanks for the link.