- 4 Posts
Hello , just got my new tablet today ( and writing from it right now ) . l tried setting up a new backgroundand it keeps cropping it in an annoying way and decrecing the resolutionalong with it . It makes a squared cropping but since the screen is wider it crops even more from the bottom of the picture after l did my cropping . No matter the resolution of the original picture it looks like crap . l also tried to download a picture from the internet but l don't know where to find it . ( sorry for the lack of commas but this stylus keyboard doesn't acknowledge my handwritten commas )
- 01-08-2014, 06:26 PM #2
- 207 Posts
Re: Cropping background
It is annoying. I deal with it by editing images by adding wide bands of black or the a relevant color on both sides of the image. It is probably because images are to fit on a portrait-style display on phone for the biggest part of Android devices. If you look at my forum Avatar, which requires a square image, I've added colored bars on either side of a phone screenshot, so the final image is what I want. You can do pretty much the same thing with the Android forced cropping; Just edit the image using any editing software, save it, and use the modified version.
Can't do anything about the quality loss though."All information is imperfect. We have to treat it with humility."
- The Ascent of man.
- 01-08-2014, 08:03 PM #3
- 01-08-2014, 09:23 PM #4
- By StLouisMan2 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 4Last Post: 03-02-2014, 06:14 PM
- By inexco in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 0Last Post: 01-07-2014, 09:20 PM
- By RHS in forum Droid RAZR MAXX HDReplies: 2Last Post: 12-31-2013, 06:07 PM
- By Julie Rendell in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1Replies: 1Last Post: 12-27-2013, 10:21 AM
- By bloomy15 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 5Last Post: 12-27-2013, 12:44 AM