Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Gilda Gomez
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need your Help & How to: Move & play all MP3 tracks to ext SD Card on Note 10.1?

Hello everyone and let me apologize in advance for the newbie question but.......... in an attempt to try and make room on my 2012 Note 10.1 tab which is a 16gb model I would like to move all my mp3 tracks or playlists from the device to the ext SD card. Will I be able to play them from the ext. SD card?

How can them be moved?
    Will they work from the card?
    Once moved or copied over, can I safely remove them from the device to pick up all that space?

I thank you all in advance for your help,
    gilgomez

Default Re: Need your Help & How to: Move & play all MP3 tracks to ext SD Card on Note 10.1?

Will I be able to play them from the ext. SD card?
    Yes

How can them be moved?
    Locate them by a search using a file manager. If the stock file manager lacks this function, I recommend you try .

Will they work from the card?
    If the tunes are copied properly there should be no errors or problems. If they are DRMed, then you may have to do a cut'n'paste or a "move" command instead of a copy. Results may vary (DRM is a nasty piece of c***)

Once moved or copied over, can I safely remove them from the device to pick up all that space?
    Yes.
    "All information is imperfect. We have to treat it with humility."
    - The Ascent of man.
    J. Bronowsky.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Need your Help & How to: Move & play all MP3 tracks to ext SD Card on Note 10.1?

Be forewarned that Samsung devices tend to have more difficulties with external SD card support than others (at least, it seems that way judging by threads on this forum). You might encounter some issues when trying to play music files once you've moved them to the SD.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the replies!!!! I don't know how to do the "cut&paste" easily using the tablet but I will try. I have the MP3s using the Amazon player and use their cloud to upload and keep safe quite a few albums. I have downloaded the music to my Note 10.1 because at work I don't have internet access (no wifi there) so I can simply listen to my music right off the device. If I can't move them successfully I might try erasing them all off the device and download the music again, slowly, to see if I can store them directly on the silly ext SD card. Yes, Samsung is a real pain so we shall see. My tablet gets so slow and lags so much sometimes that I am trying to free it up as much as possible. We shall see.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I did it!!!! Thank you so much for your instructions; I got it done and freed up almost 4gb of device storage! I haven't tried to play the SD card stored music but will test it today.
    Thanks!!!!

Great stuff.
    "All information is imperfect. We have to treat it with humility."
    - The Ascent of man.
    J. Bronowsky.