S-Note and Evernote

mwatson2

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Looking to purchase either a Note 10.1 or a Note 10.1(2014). The feature I am interested in is what I have on my Note 3 phone. Will I be able to hand write notes in S-Note and have those sync to Evernote without the need for 3rd party apps? I am having a surprisingly hard time getting this information! Maybe someone could give it a go for me?

To clarify. I'm just curious about the 10.1 (old). I'll ask in another thread about the (2014)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You will in both, BUT you will only be able to edit them if you get the Note 10.1 2014. The older Note's software is not compatible with the new S-Note format and will only allow you to see a picture of the note in Evernote. In the Note 3 and the Note 10.1, the S-Note version is the same, so whatever you do on the Note 3 will sync (if you choose to, of course) to the Note 10.1 and (if, again, you so choose) to Evernote. Plus, you get a few months worth of Evernote Premium if you get the newer Note 10.1.

mwatson2

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Wow, great response - thank you! I honestly only sync to Evernote so I can tag the page as needed and transcribe info here and there. Since I don't plan to "editing" those notes it sounds like the 10.1(old) is the way to go.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry! I forgot to mention, you can't sync S-Notes created in the 'old' Note 10.1 to Evernote!!! You'd have to do that in the Evernote app and, as far as I've seen, the tablet app doesn't let you have handwriting without the (Skitch?) add-on, which is what I think you're trying to avoid.

So, if you're only looking to use your Note 10.1 as a 'viewer' and not create handwritten notes there, then you're good to go. But if you want to create notes that also sync to Evernote, then you should get the 2014 version or wait for one of the 'Pro' models coming out next month.

mwatson2

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
That looks to be through the Evernote App. I'm hoping to hand-write my notes in S-Note and have those automatically sync.

oz123

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
The note 2012 has the sync feature to Evernote,however Evernote will not open the file, they are not compatible. Evernote and Samsung got together with this feature for Note 3 and Note 10.1 2014.

Bigdave18629

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
now if they would only update the software so the 8 would work as well. Love the fact the Note 3, 2014 10.1 and Evernote all flow seamlessly....my 8 is now left out of the loop

beeattitude

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm SO struggling with this. I want to hand write notes on my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 2014 using S-note. And then sync these notes to Evernote. Can I make it sync automatically? Or do I need to manually use the share function?
I've synced lots of notes, but sometimes they're scratchy and ugly, sometimes they're nicely written (this must be a pdf?) and I KNOW I've searched my handwritten notes in Evernote, but now all searches result in nothing.

Let me know if I should be starting a new post. THANKS for any help.

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I have to admit the S-Note on 2014 isn't as easy to use as the S-Note on the 2012 ... and the 2012 S-Note wasn't flawless to begin...

I use Papyrus, which can sync to Evernote ... and Evernote has a handwriting interface now that is just as useful as S-Note ... but at the end of the day, the best handwriting Wacom tablet application out there IMHO is Papyrus ... it's simple, intuitive, and ubiquitious when it comes to syncing and backing up things.

Papyrus + Evernote = all you will need for note taking on 2012 or 2014

Posted via Android Central App

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I have to admit the S-Note on 2014 isn't as easy to use as the S-Note on the 2012 ... and the 2012 S-Note wasn't flawless to begin...

I use Papyrus, which can sync to Evernote ... and Evernote has a handwriting interface now that is just as useful as S-Note ... but at the end of the day, the best handwriting Wacom tablet application out there IMHO is Papyrus ... it's simple, intuitive, and ubiquitious when it comes to syncing and backing up things.

Papyrus + Evernote = all you will need for note taking on 2012 or 2014

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks! That's just what I've been looking for for my 2012.

sicunder36

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
care to elaborate?

from what i know-
snote is now pc compatible and pc editable (.spd extentsion) . evernote modifies this to pdf not a native samsung format at all (it becomes an image pdf). also, samsung account (cloud sort of) also lets you sync notes over interne and at the end of the day i just use my blue tooth to transfer my files from my phone to pc. also snote has magnified box for handwriting input on small screen. evernote doesnt and i dont know about papyrus.

from my experience-
snote
pros-
  1. well integrated to samsung device
  2. has magnification handwriting box for small creen note series mobiles
  3. now editable in pc as snote has a pc version
  4. can be reused by mobile snote again in native/original format
cons-
  1. to be kept in native format has to avoid evernote but evernote has great and trusted syncing frequency and fidelity

evernote/onenote
pros-
1. for sharing handwritten notes over net- multimember projects- every body has same notebook - not the copy of the same note book,
2. onenote has great windows pc integration and exceptionally good organizing capability, evernote not so great.
3. one note comes bundled with office 365 too and online notebooks sync with one drive
4. evernote sync is automatic
5. onenote and evernote are veteran players in the game with excellent reputation
6. onenote and evernote are cross platform (yes one note has android and mac versions too, albeit glitchy)
cons-
2. doesnt lets you annonate pdfs in pc and skitch annotations are not editable in adobe reader.
3. is paid service after one year- you have already paid in full for snote when u paid for the phone
4. onenote sucks on mobile evernote is relatively bit better
5. requires internet
6. no offline notebooks after one year

i have a 1 year evernote subscription (came with note3neo) but i am more than sure i am not gonna put my money in it next year. i had one year one note subscription (office 365 bundled with nokia lumia 710) but never was able to use it because of the redundant mobile version one note is messier than real world post it notes and more expensive than a real domestic help (more helpful than a windowsphone for keeping stuff organised).

and being a fresh medical graduate my work involves obscene amount of handwritten note taking and 10 hour long weekly superfast seminars with a lot of diagrams and flow charts. so, i just bought note 3 neo for the wacom stylus (my employer offers cheap loans for every thing from t.v to phones). the loan this time was for phones only ( with 8" note 8 and 6.6 " z ultra out of production and also note4 note edge and note3 out of my budget i settled on note3 neo)

i am new to the smartphone game, my first smartphone is still within warranty period.). smartphones without smarter pcs to fine tune them are quite dumb. but larger flat screens of pc and smart-tvs have a dumbing effect on all men. i was never gonna buy another smartphone.

they are neither good computers nor long lasting phones, i know going paperless isnt as ecofriendly - all these devices turn into eco waste 3 years later- i have similar views about laptops, ultrabooks and tablets- obviously gorilla glass has a longer halflife than paper. but i got sickof thousand bits of unfiled papers and notebooks filled with my indiscernible hand writing. but recently i decided to fight back adult adhd like an adult. i am not the kind who caries a pencil on him every where but my phone does carry a stylus fr me.

notes are important to me- but at the moment i am confused- so i need suggestionss- is snote safe? and is papyrus free? does papyrus has crossplatform reach(pc), or i should just stick to evernote for this year and renew subscription next year.
and which has better integration with spen evernote or snote?

beeattitude

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
What am I doing wrong, SpookDroid? I've had my 10.1 2014 for a year. I swear that at one time my 10.1 synced perfectly with Evernote. The notes in my own handwriting were clear and searchable. Now all notes look like cat scratches and nothing in my handwriting is searchable. I keep a daily diary of phone calls, sales calls, etc on my tablet. The idea was to ditch my paper diary -- and searching manually through my notes and replace it with searchability (and cloud storage.) Am I dreaming that I could do this at one time and it went away?
Appreciate any help after a year of struggle.

mwatson2

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
What am I doing wrong, SpookDroid? I've had my 10.1 2014 for a year. I swear that at one time my 10.1 synced perfectly with Evernote. The notes in my own handwriting were clear and searchable. Now all notes look like cat scratches and nothing in my handwriting is searchable. I keep a daily diary of phone calls, sales calls, etc on my tablet. The idea was to ditch my paper diary -- and searching manually through my notes and replace it with searchability (and cloud storage.) Am I dreaming that I could do this at one time and it went away?
Appreciate any help after a year of struggle.

Personally, I gave up. The quality of technology we're after just doesn't exist yet. I went out and bought a nice Epson document scanner and good OCR scanning software and scan my handwriting right in to auto-uploading Evernote folders.

Last edited:

beeattitude

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Update: I contacted Evernote support again about this specific issue and here's their response:

Thank you for your patience and follow up.

It is still being worked on by our product team and we are hoping to have it included in an upcoming update soon.

We haven't forgotten!

So, Evernote is aware of it and will be fixing it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2