1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 10.1 won't charge, red 'X' on battery icon!

i have the hyperdrive rom RLS7 installed on my GALAXY NOTE 10.1 GT-N8013 for a few days now. now everything worked fine till the battery stopped charging there is a x in the battery notification. any suggestions i can do to fix it? would it be a good idea to reinstall the rom? i only have 40% battery left
    Last edited by Patrick Schroedl; 01-23-2014 at 12:45 PM.

Default Re: Note 10.1 won't charge, red 'X' on battery icon!

You aren't the only one having this issue with a Samsung tablet. I would first ensure that there's no debris or visible damage in the charging port on the tablet, and I would also turn it off and see if you can charge it while off (some people noted the ability to do so).

If you go to re-flash anything, I would ensure that you re-download (and flash) both the ROM and kernel. If the latter is included in the package for the former, that's fine.

I had this problem too. Just plug the charger in a different outlet, that worked for me

Posted via Android Central App

Make sure you are using the Charging block that came with it. If I use any other charger I get teh red x or even if I hook to my laptop.
    Thanked by:

I just encounteted the same problem. Red x appears when charging. I switched it off to charge. It charged half over night. I went to swap wall sockets when I noticed the usb was slightly out from the plug, as I was gaming on it the night before and yanking on the power cable without realising. I pushed it in tight and all is good. Check it may be what you are experiencing. Good luck fellas.

The red cross indicates that your plug I probably faulty. If you are using the factory supplied charger this won, t happen.

Posted via Android Central App