Backspace in the middle of a sentence copies and replaces random text

clearweave

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have had a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 since August and I have periodically been looking for someone to report a similar problem without any luck so far. I am using the stock Samsung keyboard, and it seems that the "Swype" keyboard has a similar error according to forums... Anyway, in the S Note app using the handwriting to text input method, if I select a location in the middle of a sentence that I would like to fix-- either in the middle of or between words-- about 50% of the time instead of backspacing it appears that some other text in my file gets copied and pasted usually over and/or partially between where I had my cursor and the end of my text.

I do not have a great example, but the last event was this
Ch1: The Descriptive Epidemiology ostudies trior to designing studies to

It was supposed to say
Ch1: The Descriptive Epidemiology of Cancer
Prior to designing studies

and I don't remember exactly what I had tried to fix, but I think it showed a lowercase c on cancer that I wanted to turn into a capital C and the first example above was the end result.

I suspected that there may be S pen settings or input settings that are to blame for this, but I can't seem to find anything. Thank you in advance for your help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma