1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S pen settings in handwriting - recognition mode ?!Need help!

Hi all,
    OK I need help! Basically I can't figure out how to adjust the S pen when I am writing to text like now.
    Sometime ago my Note 10.1 updated, and when it did I Suddenly had write -to text ability. whenever I remove the S -Pen and tap Something that requires text input, rather than give me the Keyboard it gives a yellow notepad style writing surface at the bottom of the screen. Here I can use the s -Pen to write my txt,be it a www address, a forum post like this one IM writing now, an address for an order et.

when it first happened, each tim I drew the pen a menu "warning -box would pop up telling me to adjust the Pen or Style / color / other Settings to go Somewhere or push Some buttons... but I accidentally hit do not display again and I cant find the settings anywhere. When I fire up the S Note app, there is a pen setting bar but it only changes the pen color, size, etc INSIDE the SPen app. I cant figure out how to adjust the handwriting recognitions and spen settings. In the main Setting menu, the S Pen setting tab is very minimal. No settings about the actual pen or writing settings.

How do I change this? Thanks much I have been trying to deal for months but finally ive had enough. I had to ask. Thanks!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: S pen settings in handwriting - recognition mode ?!Need help!

Nobody? Come on my righteous peoples I'm sure someone has the goods on this! Thanks much!

S pen settings in handwriting - recognition mode ?!Need help!-2014-02-05-16-23-45.png
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Dude THANK YOU!!! I Knew it was in there somewhere but I could not for the life of me find it!.. the worst part was I could not even find any help online / Googling. You'd be amazed at how many Note owners dont use the S-pen (my Dad included, we bought ours together last March and he rarely if ever uses the S pen and never uses it to actually write anything)

Also this forum is not only the best place for help and info , its the Only place really. Nowhere else can you get such reliable and helpful info on the bomb-diggity Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1!!.'

thank you again so much!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

want to teach me how you wrote on the Screenshot?

Quote Originally Posted by tAKticool View Post
    want to teach me how you wrote on the Screenshot?
    Open the photo from the Gallery.

Open the menu, then Edit-> Decoration->Pen

For such a useful feature it's kind of buried but it's there.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post

Thank you very much .-. I tried that and didn't have a whole lot of luck. I opened the Galley, took a random picture to play with, and went up to the menu. I saw many choices but did find Edit... But, when I hit edit it gives me two options: PS Touch or Paper Artist -..
    PS Touch is something I simply cannot figure out, and that Paper Artist was neat but not what I was after at the present.

Anyway maybe I am doing Something wrong here? Thanks.!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post

Thank you very much .-. I tried that and didn't have a whole lot of luck. I opened the Galley, took a random picture to play with, and went up to the menu. I saw many choices but did find Edit... But, when I hit edit it gives me two options: PS Touch or Paper Artist -..
    PS Touch is something I simply cannot figure out, and that Paper Artist was neat but not what I was after at the present.

Quote Originally Posted by tAKticool View Post

Hmm, now that you mention it, I do remember Paper Artist and something else popping up as choices when trying to edit (sorry, went through this like six months ago). I remember uninstalling Paper Artist but not not sure what I did with the other. It was also a third party app so I probably just uninstalled it.

But the feature I'm referring to is part of the stock gallery and opens up simply as "Photo Editor." It has the same icon (yellow flower in a blue box) as the gallery.

For whatever reason third party photo editing apps seem to lock out the stock photo editor. Remove the options it gives you for apps and it should default back to Photo Editor.

There may be an option to get everything to work as an option, but I only take photos for work and have no need for anything "artistic" so I was fine with just getting rid of the other apps.