PC file transfer without Kies?

joslynca

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
After the last upgrade push to my 10.1, my PC no longer sees my tablet, even as a Media Device (MTP) or Camera (PTP) (past mourning the lost days of USB). The tablet says "USB Connected as Installer", and checking MTP or PTP does nothing. I hear that Kies is pretty bad, and I *just* want to mount my tablet and see it as a drive. Did this go away?

dhatter

May 12, 2013
Visit site
try to transfer files using wifi and ES File Explorer File Manager app from google store.

just set the directories as shared on pc , then install ES File Explorer File Manager on your galaxy note and use it to transfer files between the tab and pc.

hope this helps.

joslynca

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
try to transfer files using wifi and ES File Explorer File Manager app from google store.
just set the directories as shared on pc , then install ES File Explorer File Manager on your galaxy note and use it to transfer files between the tab and pc.

hope this helps.

Checked out the app description, seems cool. Question, though: however great this may be as a file manager for the tablet, will this allow me to mount the tablet on the PC using Wifi? I would love to be able to see the tablet on my PC network's homegroup, are you saying this will allow that for this Android device?

dhatter

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Checked out the app description, seems cool. Question, though: however great this may be as a file manager for the tablet, will this allow me to mount the tablet on the PC using Wifi? I would love to be able to see the tablet on my PC network's homegroup, are you saying this will allow that for this Android device?

I'm not sure , but i think using this file manager you can see the device as a folder in your pc. But the setup is not easy . first in the es file manager go to tab "net manager" and make your device as server , then you can access the device as a folder on pc .

good luck

gldnbear

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I use WebSharing. It allows you to transfer files from your PC to your Android device over the same wifi network. It is slower compared to USB. I use it when I need to transfer small files. If I need to transfer large files (100 MB or more), then I connect the USB. For pictures and music, it works great.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phlyx