- 1 Posts
How to stop thumbnails using device storage when pictures are stored on expansion micro SD card
Hi, I have stored all my pictures on a micro SD card in the expansion slot, but something (Gallery or Pictures app?) is creating thumbnails for every picture in the DCIM folder on the internal device storage. This sort of defeats the object of putting the pictures on the Micro SD to save space on internal storage, which makes the tablet run slow. Any idwa how I can stop these thumbnails being created? If I delete them, they just start being created again in the background over the next few days. Any help/advice will be gratefully received. Thank you.
- 02-15-2015, 02:44 PM #2
- 2 Posts
Re: How to stop thumbnails using device storage when pictures are stored on expansion micro SD card
Copy the name of the thumbnail file, delete that (or those) and then create a new file and rename it the name you just copied. if there are 2 multi gb ones make copies of both.
It works, not forever, but it works.
if you try and erase the thumbnail files before renaming the system will fight you and make even bigger files sometimes.\
- By Jimmy OldSkool in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 4Last Post: 03-06-2014, 05:52 PM
- By NoYankees44 in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 36Last Post: 03-01-2014, 06:55 PM
- By Smidge710 in forum AT&T Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 03-01-2014, 12:08 PM
- By paulablowers in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-28-2014, 03:50 PM
- By EthanGB in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 0Last Post: 02-28-2014, 02:46 PM