Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Brand New Note 10.1 (2013) "dead on arrival?"

So I bought my tablet about a week ago on amazon.com and i got it yesterday i pulled it out of the box and it looks all pretty and stuff but it wont turn on so im like ok ill plug it in and let it sit but it has literally done nothing no battery icon no nothing i left it over night and still nothing. What do i do is there some where i can take my tablet to get it fixed or what i dont have another charging cable to see if its that im going to get one today. Please help me

Default Re: Brand New Note 10.1 (2013) "dead on arrival?"

Usually any device comes with some juice in the battery. This sounds odd to have a DOA device upon delivery.

Try the new charging cable but I think your best bet is to get online with Amazon sales and let them know what is going on. I just had an issue with a bricked 3 month old Kindle Fire HDX and it took about 5 minutes online with Amazon chat and they sent out a new Kindle within 3 days.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Plug it in let it charge until the battery shows 100 percent. I've had to do that with two or three tablets. And then its fine. It will probably take 4 to 6 hours for sure maybe longer. I know you're anxious I was too but after letting your it charge fully everything worked.

Deb from my Note 3
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

Sorry, but cant you read? OP said that there wasnt the battery icon and left the unit over night to charge. You can try to reset it by pressing the power button and volume button - but I would contact Amazon before doing anyhting to the tablet. If it doesnt help and there is no charging at all, the carger is broken or the unit (the tablet) is broken, battery is drained out and doesnt start to charge.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8000).

The tablet should have enough power out of the box to boot once. I assume you held the power button for a few seconds. Call Amazon and arrange a replacement. You got a bad one.

Sent from the tiny keyboard on my S4

ROM
    CM09/2.6.35.7

Did you check to see if there's battery in it altogether?

Posted via Android Central App