Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Like Tree35Likes

Default Re: Galaxy Note 10.1: 4.4.2 KitKat Update

Can someone help me with the gnabo rom? I can't even get my note 10 rooted, Odin seems to do nothing but restart my note.

Posted via the Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by L0n3N1nja View Post
    Can someone help me with the gnabo rom? I can't even get my note 10 rooted, Odin seems to do nothing but restart my note.

Posted via the Android Central App
    No need to root first.

MAKE SURE YOU USE FILES AND DIRECTIONS FOR YOUR EXACT DEVICE!
    Go to the about tablet page in Setting on your tablet and look for you model number. mine is a GT-N8013

The first thing you need to do is install a custom recovery.
    Here is a link with detailed instructions.
    [05.11.2014]CWM 6.0.5.1 - PhilZ Touch 6.59.0… | Android Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

Next use the custom recovery to install the rom.
    [ROM][N8000][N8013][N8010][4.4.2] Gnabo Rom … | Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 | XDA Forums

If you have never done this sort of thing before it can seem extremely complicated. In truth it is just a few steps when you get right down to it. The catch is, all those steps need to be done exactly right in exactly the right order. I would recommend you read every post on both of the threads I linked above. It will become more clear to you as you read all the questions and answers posted. Watch a few YouTube videos on installing a custom rom to visually see what it is all about.

You might fail the first few times but keep trying. Just be very careful to follow each step exactly. It is possible to break your tablet forever but in most cases even if you have a problem it can be saved. Good Luck.

Well completely out of the blue I have has just received an OTA 4.4.2 Kit Kat upgrade on my N8020. ( Australia )

I had given up hope of ever receiving this security upgrade, so I am very pleased. Maybe there is still hope for other variants as well; all note 10.1" users should receive this security upgrade IMO.
    Jay Gore likes this.

Oz123 can I ask a question? What have they added in the factory update? Does air command work? I have a note3 on 4.4.4 and I was just asking because I like the way it's set up and I'd like to find out if the update is similar or if I should flash the gnabo rom.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Gore View Post
    Oz123 can I ask a question? What have they added in the factory update? Does air command work? I have a note3 on 4.4.4 and I was just asking because I like the way it's set up and I'd like to find out if the update is similar or if I should flash the gnabo rom.
    This update is mainly for security, there is no Air Command, nor changes to Snote; Gnabo rom would be a much better choice.

https://community.rapid7.com/communi...bean-and-prior
    Jay Gore likes this.

Thank you now I know what I'll be doing this week lol.
    oz123 likes this.

thanks for all
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456