- 130 Posts
Samsung update (March 2014) what is it?
Hi, all. For the past couple of days, each time I fire up my Galaxy Note 10.1 (original) I am being prompted to run a Samsung update.
I have no idea what this update is, or is supposed to do. However, I recently accepted an update to my GS3 phone and ran into all kinds of problems, so I don't want to just blindly accept this Note update.
U. S. Wifi only
current Android version: 4.1.2
Any ideas about this update?
- 03-21-2014, 07:38 AM #2
- 5 Posts
Re: Samsung update (March 2014) what is it?
Turn all apps off, connect to a power source, set the update running. Leave it alone for at least 30 mins, may take longer. You will end up with Android 4.4.2 loaded - well worth it!
During the update it will stop and start several times, don't be fooled, leave it alone until it has REALLY finished. The last action you see is 'Updating installed apps' don't touch till that has finished.
Posted via Android Central App
- 03-21-2014, 01:00 PM #3
- 03-22-2014, 04:13 AM #4
- By FSchmitthammer in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 12Last Post: 11-29-2014, 05:31 PM
- By roguetrader in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 5Last Post: 03-18-2014, 05:12 AM
- By androidwonderer in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 0Last Post: 03-17-2014, 02:18 PM
- By nalz in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 03-15-2014, 10:18 PM
- By jasonz9238 in forum HTC OneReplies: 0Last Post: 03-14-2014, 11:04 PM