Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Error retrieving info from server: RPC S - 7: AEC - 0

I have tried a few suggestions to fix the above error I get when trying to download from the Google Play Store.

1. I have removed my Google account, then logged in fresh to the Google Play Store adding an existing account and also trying it with a new account.

2. I have also cleared the cache in the Applications Manager.

Neither of the above fix the error I get when I try to download from the Google Play Store. I get the same RPC S-7 AEC-0 error everytime. Very frustrating. Does anyone know a solution? With everything I have googled, this appears to be a common error. The solutions I have found on-line don't seem to work for me. Maybe I'm missing an obvious step. Please help.

Global Posts
    25,267 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: Error retrieving info from server: RPC S - 7: AEC - 0

Quote Originally Posted by newtechy View Post
    I have tried a few suggestions to fix the above error I get when trying to download from the Google Play Store.

1. I have removed my Google account, then logged in fresh to the Google Play Store adding an existing account and also trying it with a new account.

Neither of the above fix the error I get when I try to download from the Google Play Store. I get the same RPC S-7 AEC-0 error everytime. Very frustrating. Does anyone know a solution? With everything I have googled, this appears to be a common error. The solutions I have found on-line don't seem to work for me. Maybe I'm missing an obvious step. Please help.
    Welcome to the forums.
    Have you tried resetting app preferences in Settings>Apps>menu?

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

Settings> Applications > All> Downloads > delete data.
    Settings> Applications > All> Play Store> delete data.
    Settings> Apps > All> Google Services Framework (or if they have it in English: Google Service Framework) > delete data.
    see more Error while retrieving information from server [RPC: S-3: AEC-0] "and [RPC: S-7: AEC-0] - Wikiwikihow Q&A

Make sure uour date and time are correct. Including your time zone.

Sent from my GT-N8013

I'm going through the exact same thing with my HTC M8. Cleared App settings, removed accounts, Factory reset, Hard Factory Reset. None worked. Problem seems to be linked to the google account you use. If I log in with an alternate google account, I'm able to install/update apps. But if I use my main google account, I will get the titled error message. Even after restoring from a cloud backup, the previously purchased apps don't recognize you had already paid (since I assume the app can't verify with the google services).

F'ng Hell.....

Google, hurry up.....

Same problem, Note 3.

Quote Originally Posted by BeLikeWata View Post
    I'm going through the exact same thing with my HTC M8. Cleared App settings, removed accounts, Factory reset, Hard Factory Reset. None worked. Problem seems to be linked to the google account you use. If I log in with an alternate google account, I'm able to install/update apps. But if I use my main google account, I will get the titled error message. Even after restoring from a cloud backup, the previously purchased apps don't recognize you had already paid (since I assume the app can't verify with the google services).

F'ng Hell.....

Google, hurry up.....
    after writing to Google and letting them know about my problem Gmail account they replied and fixed it.

F'ng Hell.....

Google, hurry up.....
    after writing to Google and letting them know about my problem Gmail account they replied and fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by newtechy View Post

Try this
    Settings> Apps> Play store> Disable
    Restart Your Cell
    Settings> Apps> Disabled> Play Store> Enable

Regards

I am trying to download and install an app through the BlueStacks interface for Windows. Each time I try to "install", I get the captioned error. I noticed everything here is for a phone or tablet, which gives me no issues. It's just the PC application. Any suggestions?

Was getting the same error on two devices trying to download an in-app upgrade purchase. Tried all sorts of fixes including contacting Google Play support. Turned out that this was a newbie error: I hadn't set up a wallet/credit card for the Google account I was using. Wish the error message had actually said that!

Useful troubleshooting was to try to download a free app from the store successfully and then fail with a paid-for app.

Talking Re: Error retrieving info from server: RPC S - 7: AEC - 0

THX

Google, hurry up.....