Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By johna2u
  • 1 Post By LegalAmerican
  • 1 Post By sjadler724
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What's up with software update??????

I went to software update last night and this morning to see if kit kat was available and got the following: "maximum number of software updates have been exceeded. Check back later or go to kies." WTF is that all about? Anyone else get that message? Does it mean the system is overloaded with uploads/downloads OTA of 4.4, or is it just a screwup. I've never encountered anything like that in all the years and in all the computers/tablets I've owned.

Default Re: What's up with software update??????

Really? All these years and never encountered one of the most common 'errors' in OTA updates?

Sorry, I'm just teasing. The 'error' is from the server side. Samsung (and pretty much every other company) limits the amount of OTA updates available per day, per region/state/city, and since this update appears to have hit the US yesterday, you can expect A LOT of people trying to update right away. This, of course, has depleted the OTA slots available.

The safest way to get the update and avoid this error is getting it via Kies, as that route is not capped. You download the update to a computer, hook up your tablet, and you're ready to go.

Same thing was reported in the forum area for the 2014 Note 10.1 (see links below). It's because the update servers are overloaded from too many trying to download the KitKat update.

"The software update service is not uvailable. Maximum number of roll-out updateshas been exceeded""

KitKat update arriving on Galaxy Note 10.1 - 2014 Edition via OTA | Android Central

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    Same thing was reported in the forum area for the 2014 Note 10.1 (see links below). It's because the update servers are overloaded from too many trying to download the KitKat update.

"The software update service is not uvailable. Maximum number of roll-out updateshas been exceeded""

KitKat update arriving on Galaxy Note 10.1 - 2014 Edition via OTA | Android Central
    This only applies to OTA updates. If you try to download it via Kies, the error is not given and you'll be able to download the update (maybe a bit slower than usualy, though, if demand is great at the time).

So to be clear, you guys are refering to the Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 2012 edition or gt-n80## right? I have a gt-n8013 and am in Northern California. No update as of this morning. I did get an update to the Samsung Push Service app last night. what ever that is.

Quote Originally Posted by johna2u View Post
    So to be clear, you guys are refering to the Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 2012 edition or gt-n80## right? I have a gt-n8013 and am in Northern California. No update as of this morning. I did get an update to the Samsung Push Service app last night. what ever that is.
    Nope, referring to the newer 2014 model. It's the one currently receiving an update. Other Samsung devices, even ones not currently receiving updates, may get that error message when checking for updates since they're all trying to use the same update servers.

Ok thats what I figured. I thought this forum was for the older 10.1 the sub forum for the newer version says (2014) in the header.

Sent from my GT-N8013
    LegalAmerican likes this.

You're correct - this is the old version's forum.
    Thanked by 2:

Do you think we will get 4.4 on our gtn 8013?

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk

Yes I think we will. A leaked test version showed up at Sammoobile today.
    http://www.sammobile.com/2014/04/26/...10-1-gt-n8000/

Sent from my GT-N8013

That's just cruel to come in here talking about an update just to find out it's the 2014 edition. Can't we pay a little more attention to detail so that us lowly 2012 owners aren't crushed?
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Nibs likes this.

It should be coming our way soon. I read through rumor and inuindo that it could be 5/8 for the 2012 model. I wouldnt hold my breath though.

Sent from my GT-N8013

Global Posts
    555 Global Posts

Anyone?

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by taeisme View Post
    Anyone?
    No.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

We are talking about Samsung. Like everybody was quessing, but hoping, no updates on 8.5.

Sent from my N8000.

My god...this is like torture...

..i hope the wait for this update is worth it....im prepared to feel like I just bought a new tablet...

...All I want is for my samsung apps to be able to be compatible with my Note 3 samsung apps....Thats all I want...just for them to be able to coexist even just a little bit on the same network...is that too much to ask for??? grrre
    oz123 likes this.

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

The next day to wait "... in the middle of may..." More and more this is like a lunatic cult waiting the end of the misery. Lets pray all together!

UPDATED: it is passed the bt certification

Sent from my N8000.
    Last edited by enigmax; 05-11-2014 at 07:21 AM.