Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 32G Micro cardS problem.

Apparently I overdosed on American Stupid pills when I purchased my new out of the box 2 days ago Note 10.1 2114 with Version 4.4.2. My primary use for it is listen to MP3s and watch movies installed on the cards. After formatting the first card in the unit I used a card reader and put into it a couple MPs . That seemed fine so I TRIED TO delete the MPs still connected to the computer and I cannot get rid of them nor is it able to be formatted by the Note 10.1.
    I tried formatting also using Windows and Disk Director 11. Nothing works as far as formatting goes all I get back are unable to proceed or unable to locate card. So being stupid I tried the second NEW card figuring the first is bad. Same thing so now I have 2 unusable cards.
    So what stupid thing should I do now? Run over it with my truck or #7 in my shotgun? Kindly explain in terms your grandparents would understand, Im that old. BE WELL AND TYIA

Global Posts
    22,154 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: 32G Micro cardS problem.

Perhaps a restart of the PC?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thanks for the comeback. I've restarted both the PC and Note a # of times. I find it odd that trying to format so many times and ways I can play the MPs I tried do delete many times. I wonder if the Sandisk Micros are both defective? Just thinking.

Global Posts
    22,154 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by visch1 View Post
    thanks for the comeback. I've restarted both the PC and Note a # of times. I find it odd that trying to format so many times and ways I can play the MPs I tried do delete many times. I wonder if the Sandisk Micros are both defective? Just thinking.
    Possible. I haven't used SD cards in quite some time.

From an SOKP Nexus 5

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I tried a second card reader with no success. In thinking back both cards had a read error trying to import the MP folders. I don't want to sacrifice another one to test any ideas I have so am going around in circles. So far I've tried 4 different apps to format the cards and none of them work as far as removing anything on them. I need HELP OR IDEAS!

Global Posts
    22,154 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I tried a second card reader with no success. In thinking back both cards had a read error trying to import the MP folders. I don't want to sacrifice another one to test any ideas I have so am going around in circles. So far I've tried 4 different apps to format the cards and none of them work as far as removing anything on them. I need HELP OR IDEAS!
    Have you had a PC check them for errors? Place the card in the PC and right click, then click Properties. Then under tools should be an option to check for errors.

From an SOKP Nexus 5

Phone Timeline
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Yes I tried several different checks and all reported back "healthy". Maybe healthy but still wont work.
    Came across the following and this type of situation is not new. Perhaps there will be an outcry when more discover things seem fried.

cannot format micro sd, believe me, i tried everyt... - Page 3 - SanDisk Forums

Global Posts
    22,154 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I am not sure what else to suggest. Sorry.

From an SOKP Nexus 5

Phone Timeline
    Thanked by:
    visch1 
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Well I think the best I can do now is return them and order a couple Samsung cards. This may be a brand specific problem.
    Thanks for your input. BE WELL

Global Posts
    22,154 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Well I think the best I can do now is return them and order a couple Samsung cards. This may be a brand specific problem.
    Thanks for your input. BE WELL
    I hope it works out. Good luck.

From an SOKP Nexus 5

Phone Timeline
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

An update. Both Sandisk Micros were returned and replaced by 2 Samsung 32Gb microSDHC cards. The first one works fine so far. BE WELL