Note 10.1 for academic research

Dan Zelazo

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

I am new to android and this community. I decided to get the Note 10.1 because of the S pen. My main hope is to use this as a kind of research aid for me...for jotting notes, annotating pdfs, etc.

I am a little overwhelmed by the android eco-system and so far have been a little slow figuring out how things work. I hope people in here might point me to some good apps for

1) pdf annotations using the S-pen...I would like to (accurately) scribble notes in margins and around the document.
2) note taking with emphasis on mathematical writing; I thought the note 10.1 had a formula match program as part of s-note, but it seems that the 2014 edition doesn't have it. That is a shame, are there alternatives?
3) are there any options for converting formulas to LaTex code?
4) how about an app that can manage pdfs and notes associated to pdfs in one spot (perhaps evernote can do this?)

thanks in advance!

mclasser

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome and congrats on the device!

I heavily use my Note 10.1 for PDF annotations so I can comment on that aspect of your post. I use the Adobe Reader app and love it. You can highlight, add notes to and mark up documents. The best part is you can save docs to Acrobat Cloud directly for free, saving space on the tablet. I used iAnnotate before but the Android version is very limited and buggy so I ditched it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 using The Android Central mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12