Google map and GPS display problem on Galaxy Note 10.1

BillPhillips

May 24, 2014
Visit site
The Galaxy Note 10.1 (wi-fi only) has a troubling feature when displaying a guided route. Of course, I have to get a route on wi-fi at home before leaving the house, and then it displays that nice blue outline telling me where I'm going. And, once I leave home the GPS follows me perfectly along the blue line.

The only problem is that this beautiful 10.1" screen has a white text box identifying the route that obscures the entire upper left 25% of the screen. At that point I don't need that, It is in the way. And it obscures a large part of the useable space of the screen. I cannot minimize it. Or don't know how to get it out of the way.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Bill
North Carolina

BillPhillips

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Well, I eventually found the answer to my own question from one of these bright kids at Best Buy. I had to tap on Navigation to get the big info box on the screen to disappear so I could see the whole map. I had been avoiding that because I didn't want to hear the gal telling me where to turn. Didn't realize I could just "turn her off."

What seems so simple is not as simple as you would think because, as I'm learning, Google Maps presents itself differently on different devices, meaning you have got to learn it all over again everytime you get a new device.

A little more continuity and consistency on Google's part (from device to device and version to version) would be welcome.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, I eventually found the answer to my own question from one of these bright kids at Best Buy. I had to tap on Navigation to get the big info box on the screen to disappear so I could see the whole map. I had been avoiding that because I didn't want to hear the gal telling me where to turn. Didn't realize I could just "turn her off."

What seems so simple is not as simple as you would think because, as I'm learning, Google Maps presents itself differently on different devices, meaning you have got to learn it all over again everytime you get a new device.

A little more continuity and consistency on Google's part (from device to device and version to version) would be welcome.

Try an app called waze. Much easier. Free.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Note 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweettatas