Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Transfering files from old tablet to new -- on memory card? Suggestions/Help?

Apologies, I posted a thread yesterday but I can't seem to get it to delete; I have a different question on the same vein, please hear me out!

I just got a new Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1(2014) and am trying to change over to it from my old Note. The apps downloaded as soon as I synced my Google account- I'm wondering, how can I get JUST my files into the new tablet? Like files from my art apps, etc?

Is there an app that lets you move whatever you want to your memory card and just switch it to the new device?

Can/should I just connect my old tablet to my PC, copy all the files and transfer those manually to the new one? Are there any dangers to this?

Help would be appreciated; I tried Samsung Smart Switch but to no avail, and I need to do this by the end of the day today.

Any guidance would be excellent, thanks!

Default Re: Transfering files from old tablet to new -- on memory card? Suggestions/Help?

If you're talking about normal files like pictures, videos, movies, documents, etc, you can do both. Either copy everything to an SD Card and then just switch it over, or copy those to a PC and from the PC to the new tablet (no danger whatsoever, unless you unplug the tablets mid-transfer, and even then it's very unlikely that something goes awfully wrong and the same would happen if you pop out the SD card mid-transfer). You could also go the 'Cloud' way and be done with it for new devices (just upload everything to services like Google Drive or Dropbox).

As for local app data, like game saves, downloaded app data, etc. you would need apps like Titanium backup to do this or, if you know EXACTLY where the files are, just copy them over to the new tablet via SD card or PC or cloud service, just make sure you drop them in the exact same folder structure you took it from or it won't work.

Default Re: Transfering files from old tablet to new -- on memory card? Suggestions/Help?

Good advise.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk