Need browser help

mars81

May 24, 2011
Visit site
OK so I've been a through and through android user for years now and I'm a huge crossroads and I'm really in need of some help staying on the right path. Here is the problem. I need to be able to do stuff for work on a web based app that is only coded to work with IE 10 or less (11 will work in compatibility mode only). So I've tried so many different things to access this on tablet in the store but I can't seem to get it to work. I know the option of using a remote desktop app but that's not truly a viable option due to not being allowed to run the program through remote apps on my work computer and not wanting to always have my home PC on. And plus it will probably be so slow because the app works through the cloud on a remote server already. So here is the downside and crossroad....it loads great and works perfect on the MS Surface. I bought the Surface 2 just to play with it and see how it is but I really don't like it at all.

So does anyone know how to emulate IE on the Note or Tab to represent a DESKTOP version of IE???

Any and all help would be great!

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I really don't think it's possible, because IE doesn't exist for Android. If you don't want to use a remote desktop, then the only thing I can think of would be a Windows virtual machine on your Android device. Here's an article that describes one called Limbo, but it doesn't seem to be available on Google Play any more. You might be able to find older versions on it, but I would be cautious about installing it from one of those sites, because there's a higher risk of malware.

How to run legacy Windows with Limbo for Android - TechRepublic

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21