Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 or Galaxy Tab 3

Zholsta

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

I would like to change my ipad2 to an android tablet and my options are the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (not the 2014 one) or the Galaxy Tab 3.

I would like to ask you guys about your opinion about the two tablets. Which one is better? I prefer the note 10.1 because of the quad core processor and the 2 gb of ram.

Which one is the latest official rom for the note 10.1? I made a google search and I found that Kitkat is available to it. Is that true?

I'm having a Galaxy s4 and I like some of the functions like air gesture,intelligent screen lock etc. Are these functions are available on the note 10.1 as well?

Thank you for the answers.

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
i would like to ask you guys about your opinion about the two tablets. Which one is better? I prefer the note 10.1 because of the quad core processor and the 2 gb of ram.

What are you going to do with a tablet? Or just looking for a similar product than iPad2. And why do you want to replace your iPad2 to an android tablet? Im just wondering, if it is only waste of money to buy an old android tablet if you can do the same thing with iPad2...

But without knowing any better, I would get Note.

Which one is the latest official rom for the note 10.1? I made a google search and I found that Kitkat is available to it. Is that true?

It depends on the model and where you are living. Kitkat might be available or not. But for sure, the latest one is Android 4.1.2 and some people who have updated their Notes to Kitkat are now trying to un-update them. It seems to be that Samsung is offering Kitkat for Note 10.1 (2012) only because they have to, not because they would ilke to do it and it would have made well for Note. Kitkat will remove e.g. flying windows and it lets you only use two windows side by side. There are no new elements for SNote etc. Note came on market autumn 2012 with android 4.0, got 4.1 on january 2013, and then nothing. So it seems to be the update made in hurry and now they can say, that they are offering an update since 4.1. So... if you dont need Kitkat, you really should think about will you or wont you update it. Ufortunately I need kitkat to get some apps work which i need, but im still waiting it...

'm having a Galaxy s4 and I like some of the functions like air gesture,intelligent screen lock etc. Are these functions are available on the note 10.1 as well?

Some are after kitkat, but again... kitkat doesnt sounds so good in Note (2012). Check vids on youtube and reviews. Some people likes it, some people hate it. The UI is more like made for a phone, not for a tablet. You really should check some vids about kitkat in Note (2012). There are good things that kitkat brings but there are also bad things.

Sent from my phone - Note 10.1 (N8000)

Zholsta

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
My ipad is getting really slow with some applications,and I also would like to use some features which are available on android. Widgets,easy file management,external sd cards etc. These are the main reason I would like to exchange it. I'm living in the UK and I can get a quite good deal to exchange it.

Thank you for your advise regarding the kitkat update,I going to do some research before I update to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678