Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 touch screen issues

talosX

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Wall o' text incoming!! Take cover!!

Hi. I have a Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 sch-i905. It's the verizon 4G LTE one.
I had it for about 2-ish years (bought it used on eBay) and I loved it. Always wanted a tablet like this.

Anyway a problem occurred about a week ago when it wouldn't turn on. I thought it was a battery problem so I removed the back, but didn't do anything. I fixed the problem by holding the power button and the screen.

But now the touch screen is very messed up.
Typing is a big issue (lag, multiple characters type when I press one key (EX:when I press 'J' it would type out 3 times instead on one), when I navigate through my files scrolling up or down, the spilt margin thing adjusts, when the battery is dying the the window pops up, I can't press the 'ok' button, etc.)

But get this, when I turn the tablet right side up (I use it upside down, boring story) it works 8/10, only typing issues occurs. And when I put it vertical it works almost flawlessly, I just can't click on certain things, like 'ok', or 'exit'.

Summary: power issue, fixed.
Touch screen has issues depending what position the table is on; Right side up: Input issues such as cannot click on certain things (ie words suggestions.)
Upside down: Multiple characters input while I only press a key once, margin issue when scrolling up/down while in looking through my files. Vertical: Cannot press certain keys such as "ok, enter, etc." when low battery window pops up.

Sorry if my English is messed up,
What is this??

I also just factory reset and cleaned the screen

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like an issue with the hardware, especially since you've already tried a factory reset. You may need to bring it to a repair shop.

talosX

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome and reply.
You sure it's the hardware? I would understand if the same problem occur when/if I change the tablet position.
But if it's hardware, what mostlikey the cause of it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not absolutely sure, but some of the things you mention make me suspect it. You mentioned having to hold the Power button and the screen when you had the initial problem, which made me think of a loose connection somewhere (since you had to hold the screen as well). You also opened up the tablet, and even though you didn't do anything, it's possible that removing the back might have jarred something loose. The fact that things are different in different orientations also makes me wonder--as if the physical change of orientation is affecting some connection. If it were a software issue, I'd expect the same problem regardless of orientation.

I'm definitely not an expert at repairing these things, so I can't speculate on what the actual problem may be. I'm just making my best guess. Hope you figure out what's going on!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown