Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.4 / 4.1.1

Default Need Charging Cable Advice

I am trying to help a friend out. She states that her charging cable has stopped working and is looking for a replacement (hopefully something a little longer).

She bought some generic off Amazon and it did not work. I am a fan of manufacturer cables ... but this looks like to be only available in a 3ft length?

Any advice on replacement cables?

* I suspect the USB cable is the issue and that the wall plug is good.

Default Re: Need Charging Cable Advice

As the generic cable did not work logic dictates that the charger is faulty not the cable
    It's far more likely for this to be the case, a cable is a simple length of wire with plugs
    A charger is more complex a hence liable to failure
    I suggest have a search on eBay for a new charger and cable, hopefully you'll find a choice of cable lengths too

I have had several faulty cables but rarely a faulty charger. I bought what is supposed to be oem cables from amazon and they work fine and fixed my charging problem but the Samsung logo is crooked and the wire is thinner than the original. On the positive side they were only about 3 bucks a piece. I've read negative things about the 6' ones. I'd suggest you buy a 3' usb extension cable and connect it to an oem Samsung cable.

Sent from my GT-N8013

Hi , you need a genuine Samsung cable , the generics just dont work. Amazon has them at a fair price , they also have the longer version which comes in very handy.
    As for any other cable needs check out Monoprice. Their prices are amazing , they ship lightning fast and the quality is fantastic. They also have the Samsung HDMI adapters to hook your tab to TV along with extra long 15 foot cable. I've never had a problem and use mine constantly. Hope this helps & Good Luck !

Had a very negative experiences with generic charging cables, even those that have loads of good reviews on Amazon or elsewhere eventually crap out within days.

Yes you have yo cautious with the amazon cables. The ones I bought said oem. I thought they were genuine samsung but they clearly are not.

Sent from my GT-N8013