My 10.1 won't switch on- what can I do?

Paul_Kingston

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
We have two Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1s in the family- both have been in use for over a year. All of a sudden one of them won't switch on. I'm pretty sure it was close to fully charged, and I'd used it only hours before. I've tried:
1. Pressing the "on" button
2. Keeping my finger on the "on" button continuously for a minute or so.
3. Connecting up the charger (I know it works, because it works with the other 10.1).
4. Connecting the 10.1 to my laptop.
None of these gives any sign of life.
These tablets don't get rough treatment- both have the standard Samsung cover, are stored in a slot in a bookcase or taken around in a briefcase, used in a house occupied by a retired couple.
The tablet isn't under guarantee.
Is there anything I can do besides buying a new one?
If I have to scrap the tablet, I'll be keen to recover whatever I can. Most of the data is on the card and so can be moved, but is there anything I can do to recover stuff from the tablet's memory?
Any recommendations for the future about backup in case this happens again?

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Holding the volume down and power down performs a soft reset on most android devices. I would try that.

Posted via Android Central App

Nickace2000

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried switching it on and off? Haha jk? My phone did this and I found out that I overcharged it and the battery swelled up. I just at had to replace the battery but since the 10.1 don't have a removable battery you would have to open it up. BEFORE YOU DO SO, could you tell me if any parts a sort of dented out. Also try plugging it in to a wall outlet (strictly WALL OUTLET) then try to power it on. If it turns on while connected then yes it is your battery. Good Luck!

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21