Why is my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2013 edition not charging?

penelopeandbruce

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
My samsung galaxy note 10.1 2013 edition is stuck at 0%

When I plug it in, the battery bars are moving like it's charging, but when I turn it on completely, it says it is at 0% and shuts off again within 30 seconds. Also, keep in mind I've been charging it for a few hours, but the battery keeps saying it is at 0% when I turn it fully on. Is this a charger problem or something inside the tablet? I just want to know what I should fix or replace. Thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My samsung galaxy note 10.1 2013 edition is stuck at 0%

Welcome to Android Central! The two main possibilities would be a failing battery or a faulty charger. The easiest thing to try right now is a different charger. If that doesn't work, then you may have to contact a Samsung service center to replace the battery.

dhatter

May 12, 2013
Visit site
same thing happened to me yesterday , check the cable ends on the device and electricity plug are plugged correctly, then shutdown device and keep it off and connected to charger for at least one hour . I did that and it fixed the issue , hope it helps.

adders21

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have the same thing.

Tablet runs fine when plugged into mains. It says it's charging when switched on, it also shows the blue bars tracking up when switched off but it holds no charge.

I've reset the tablet back to factory default and this makes no difference. I've tried plugging the usb cable into my pc and different wall charges and still nothing. I do believe though, that the tablet will only charge from a Samsung plug designed for the tablet. If I knew this at purchase I would never have bought it!

So, I guess I need to find a nice store that will let me try a Samsung charger, any ideas? I live near Derby UK.

Cheers

Last edited:

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue. First, it won't charge if something else is hogging the power from the same outlet [my note2]. I bought a Rocketfish cable from BestBuy on clearance for 14.99 and it charges much faster; but still if I have my phone or macbook plugged into the same outlet it either charges slower or I get the red X. Can't wait to sell this thing. I have it listed on CL for 200, getting many offers for only ~150. :-\

adders21

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Update.
I left it plugged in over night whilst switched on. This morning it's showing 58% charged. So it appears to be charging but at an extremely slow rate. Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you been able to try different USB cables yet? It doesn't necessarily have to be an official Samsung cable (although that would be best). Also, make sure you try different charging plugs (the "wall wart" that plugs into the wall outlet).

When you plug your phone into a wall outlet and go to Settings>Battery​, does it say "Charging (AC)" or "Charging (USB)"?

adders21

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi B.Diddy,

Unfortunately I don't have access to another charger or cable. I do suspect that it could be the charger/cable, at least I hope so as that would be an easy fix.
The Tablet is still under the 24 month warranty and Samsung have emailed this afternoon to say that they will fix it provided that it hasn't any water or physical damage, which it hasn't.
So I will be without it for 7-10 days but fingers crossed it should come back fixed.
It would be nice if they could have just replaced the charger though!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
3rd party chargers are pretty cheap at your local electronics store or Target/Wal-Mart, but if Samsung will fix or replace the device for free, that's probably better.

adders21

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I received a new charging cable from Samsung. Not a full charger just the cable. I am pleased to report that my tablet is now charging fully and back to normal. I am amazed that this his solved the problem as I thought a cable would either work or not work but there you go, we live and learn.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670