Magnetic Cases

tshirttan408

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

Thinking about gtting a case but have read reports about the magnets in cases affecting performance and even damaging the tablet. Has anyone experienced these issues by any chance?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There's no magnetic storage or CRTs in a tablet, which are about the only things that could be affected by a magnet not strong enough to cause physical damage (like ripping parts off the phone). There are cases that aren't designed properly, so the case open function doesn't work right, but changing to a properly designed case fixes that.

Ankit Jose

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
You might have trouble with GPS(possibly). Not definitely as rukbat said depends upon the manufacturer of the case

Posted via Moto G(2013) from the Android Central App

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
not sure about gps - why should it be affected? gps gets its data from satellites... but definitely a compass doesnt like magnets :D your north maybe in south =P i use samsung own case and i need to remove the tablet out from that case everytime i use sensors which use magnetic features...

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Raymond Tan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Actually strong magnets can affect the wacom digitizer on the Note 10.1 causing dead spots for the pen. I've had several cases with with magnets for the cover and have never experienced this myself, but I do personally other people who have had issues. It doesn't permanently damage the tablet though, if you are having issues just remove the case and the screen will revert back to normal over time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1