My GT-N8013EA shows only static on the screen. Why is it doing this?

A

AC Question

My GT-N8013EA shows only static on the screen.

I have a Galaxy Note 10.1 (stock, never rooted) that recently rebooted on its own while charging. When it did, there was static on the screen and it was stuck in a boot loop; every time it rebooted, more static was added to the screen until the "Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1" logo was completely covered in multicolored static. Unplugging and discharging did nothing.

If I hold down power & vol up, it boots to what appears to be a recovery screen, but the volume buttons do nothing and the screen says, in the top left (top line is red):

"ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: GT-N8013
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: No
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom"

and in the middle of the screen, under an Android logo:
"Downloading...
Do not turn off target !!"

Odin only recognizes the device while this screen is active; it goes dark after a few minutes.

Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My GT-N8013EA shows only static on the screen.

Welcome to Android Central! When you're in the Odin Mode screen, is the static there as well? Or only on the bootup screen? If it's only on the bootup screen, then it sounds like the firmware might have become corrupt.

See if you can boot into Recovery following these steps: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-14245. Wipe the cache partition and see if that helps; if not, try doing a full factory reset from the Recovery Menu.

If that still fails, then you could try re-flashing the firmware via Odin: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...w-flash-stock-rom-via-odin-new-interface.html. Find the correct firmware here: Firmwares - SamMobile

David Atwell

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
No static on the Odin Mode screen, but booting into recovery doesn't work; it only goes directly to the Odin Mode screen, and there is no response (cursor doesn't move) on that screen.

I'd love to try reinstalling the firmware, but Sammobile just says "user not premium" every time I try, even though I'm using the standard download speed. Is there anywhere else to get it?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The site seems to be schizoid today. I can't even get it to find anything for model numbers I know are there (or were the last time I looked).

Give it a day or two.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm