How do you update to KitKat?

sheryltoo

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the Samsung note 10.1 and it's running version 4.1.2. I wanted to install the free Micrsoft Word app but it say I need KitKat 4.4 or above. When I check for updates on my tablet, it says it's up to date. How can I update it to KitKat?

gldnbear

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, Samsung is not providing an update past 4.1.2. The only way to get KitKat is to install ROM on your device. A lot of people have installed Gnabo ROM. I haven't seen anyone who complained about the ROM. I did this on my wife's Note. It has worked flawlessly. Search this forum for Gnabo ROM for a link to where you can download the ROM.

sheryltoo

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that information. I did try and find some information about the Gnabo Rom but it sounds very confusing. I'm very disappointed in the fact that Samsung isn't providing any further updates. I love Samsung products because of their screen resolutions. Plus the products I own take really nice pictures but if Samsung isn't going to update their products, I may never buy another Samsung product. I actually just bought the Surface 3 and gave my 2012 Samsung tablet to my husband to use. I also have the 2014 edition and had installed Office on it so I wanted to install it on the 2012 edition and that's when I found out the operating system isn't compatible.