Galaxy N10.1 N8010 not charging. Battery and cable already replaced.

Inter Leap

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
I've run out of ideas. About a month ago my tablet stopped being able to charge passed 17-20%. Eventually the battery died completely and whenever I plugged it in it would start charging for 5 seconds and then restart.

By holding down the power button and the volume down button I could get into the android controls for a few seconds before again it restarted.

I bought a new cable and tried charging it directly from a USB port (this used to work before) but I got the same problem as charging with the original charger and cable.

So I bought and replaced the battery but nothing has changed. The tablet sometimes charges to 17% from those 5 second charge cycles and when it does I can use it for about an hour.

I don't know what else it could be.

Any ideas? Is flashing with a new ROM a potential solution? Even if the problem seems to appear when accessing the android recovery menu?

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
You need this tool to verify your tablet is charging, current should be around 1.5 Amps. Never use USB port for charging as it only supplies around 0.5 Amp
usb voltage current meter | eBay

One important part you should pay attention is USB port charging flex cable
USB Charging Dock Port Flex Cable for Samsung Galaxy Note 10 1 N8000 Rev 0 4 0 5 | eBay
Not charging is not a problem of software, don't try it. You should test one by one, start from charger, USB cable, USB charging port.
If nothing change, probably the problem is from mainboard.