S Pen in use notification when not in use

scorerone

Oct 1, 2016
Visit site
I recently got a new battery for my Note 10.1. Ever since replacing the battery, I am now getting a notification that the S Pen is in use. It is not and it is plugged in like it always was. I never use the thing and to have this notification drives me crazy. Is there any way to get it out of my notification area or do something to the pen to get it to shut off?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: S pen notification

I recently got a new battery for my Note 10.1. Ever since replacing the battery, I am now getting a notification that the S Pen is in use. It is not and it is plugged in like it always was. I never use the thing and to have this notification drives me crazy. Is there any way to get it out of my notification area or do something to the pen to get it to shut off?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
You need to check that the battery was installed properly. If it wasn't, or there is a broken/disconnected cable, then that could be the source of the notification message. Be careful when you go back through the process as to not cause any other damage.

scorerone

Oct 1, 2016
Visit site
Just figured that out on my own!! The skinniest cable that runs down to the end of the S pen was not totally clipped in. Clipped it in, taped it and Voila, no more S Pen error message.

Thanks!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781