Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Default Re: ***How To Root***

Quote Originally Posted by slingbox#AC View Post
    I updated OP with link to Mac root
    Thank you.. I will go home and try it right away.. Excited to finally root.. quick question.. is there a rom that has the newest update as well? The one where you can rearrange the notification bar with different toggles and remove and whatever you want? Does Cleanrom have that?

Okay, I'm terrified to try this. There is so much I don't understand and I haven't even read the directions, just skimmed. You said there was no danger to rooting and would not void warrenty: "Whats the danger of rooting....will it void my warranty?
    There is No danger in rooting because restore tar is available that holds factory out of the box OS so If you need to take device in for service simply Odin stock tar warranty isn't void." What is "restore tar" and what is odin stock tar?
    That's my first question.
    Also, you talk about custom ROMs. I already have go launcher on my phone and like it. Is that a "custom rom"? And someone in the thread asked what happens to touch whiz??? I would love to know the answer to that. Also, you say to back up each step. I have no problem with that theory but how do I back up? And if I can just go back to my phone's default settings then I can reinstall everything else but it would suck to have to do that.
    Please keep in mind, and be patient cuz I'm 60 yo and although I can do software all day long, pick up any os and figure out how to use it without a manual etc. In fact, my friend who is really really technology illiterate just got her 1st smartphone, an iphone. I have never until she got hers, used an iphone and yet I'm teaching her how to use hers. Go figure. I don't always understand the terminology or why the software works the way it does. That probably makes no sense to you but it's true. You don't have to understand the whys and wherefores to understand how to use the software.
    At any rate, thanks in advancew,

Default ***How To Root***

Quote Originally Posted by iDrummer3 View Post
    I decided to finally root last night. Rooted with Odin and installed CWM Recovery. Now I'm running CleanROM 3.3 ([ROM][12/15] CleanROM 3.3 -★| Aroma! | JB 4.1.2! | Multi-View! | Fast! | Clean! |★- - xda-developers) and Lidroid 15 Toggle Mod V2 (forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1986932)

Rom is smooth as the stock OS and has very nice installer to help you add or omit what you want. Also improves the already amazing battery life. Havent charged phone in almost 24 hours. When I rooted last night (aroubd 10 P.M. CST) it was 70% and its just now at 30%.
    How did you get Quick Panel settings? I flashed Clean ROM 3.3 and I couldn't find it.

I have an Android phone, Sharp ADS1 and need to help in finding an application to Root it. Let me know

In order to get the Quick Panel, I believe "iDrummer" downloaded this as he mentioned in his post:
    Lidroid 15 Toggle Mod V2 (forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1986932)

I have it downloaded but haven't installed it yet.....

So now that I have rooted my phone over 10 times trying different install options... It's really really easy! and I love it!

Thanks again for the post!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Quote Originally Posted by mrclowny View Post
    Thanks again! my phone is now rooted and running the latest Android with the Multi-View feature!!! =)

Anyone know how I can run this home screen clock????
    xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][12/15] CleanROM 3.3 -★| Aroma! | JB 4.1.2! | Multi-View! | Fast! | Clean! |★-
    That's a 3rd party application by the name of "HD Widgets"
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dwidgets&hl=en
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II

Default ***How To Root***

Quote Originally Posted by mrclowny View Post
    In order to get the Quick Panel, I believe "iDrummer" downloaded this as he mentioned in his post:
    Lidroid 15 Toggle Mod V2 (forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1986932)

I have it downloaded but haven't installed it yet.....

So now that I have rooted my phone over 10 times trying different install options... It's really really easy! and I love it!

Thanks again for the post!
    Thanks! Got this running. Love it!

Sure thing!

slingbox#AC.. thanks for the HD widget info.. I actually found it last nite and have it running.

And I love my Note 2 even more after rooting. =)

Ok my ATT GN2 friends is it time to root?

Now lets get down to business

Enjoy & dont flash drunk

Phil-
    I have been skeptical about flashing, this is my first Andriod and I am terribly worries about screwing it up.... I have been waiting to ensure everything is stable since this is a new phone, but I think it is time to jump. Thank you for the references and the confidence!

Alright.. after a few failed attempts I finally have it rooted.. now.. have a few questions.. first do you need to download goo manager.. I mean with cwm alright on it?? I downloaded it anyways but just wondering.. and as far as flashing.. the best way (maybe the only way?) is to download it from the website.. in this case where you get the cleanrom 3.3.. and then transfer it to the phone? I have been trying to download cleanrom 3.3 all night and it is taking forever and also just stopped and won't resume.. I have internet speed of around 20mbps but it will only download at like 45kbps.. what is going on? hopefully someone can clear these things up..

Quote Originally Posted by bellamyepl View Post
    Alright.. after a few failed attempts I finally have it rooted.. now.. have a few questions.. first do you need to download goo manager.. I mean with cwm alright on it?? I downloaded it anyways but just wondering.. and as far as flashing.. the best way (maybe the only way?) is to download it from the website.. in this case where you get the cleanrom 3.3.. and then transfer it to the phone? I have been trying to download cleanrom 3.3 all night and it is taking forever and also just stopped and won't resume.. I have internet speed of around 20mbps but it will only download at like 45kbps.. what is going on? hopefully someone can clear these things up..
    Reference Here
    Use GooManager to install TWRP.
    Must have custom recovery installed. I recommend the latest version of twrp.
    Copy ROM to storage
    Reboot to Recovery
    Recommend Factory Reset in Recovery!
    Flash ROM and Select Options!
    Reboot to System
    Profit!

I am downloading it right now at about 100 kbps, maybe the server is just busy.
    Thanked by 2:

Soo,just "rooting" won't give me multi-window views....right??
    I have to load a "ROM" to the phone??

Quote Originally Posted by UsedName View Post
    Soo,just "rooting" won't give me multi-window views....right??
    I have to load a "ROM" to the phone??

Correct, "rooting" only gives you admin access to the phones operating system.
    Flashing a ROM loads an entirely new operating system.

CleanROM 3.3 is a whole new operating system for your phone and will allow all the extra bells and whistles, see the reference link above, it will show you all the details.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by JayRatliff View Post

Correct, "rooting" only gives you admin access to the phones operating system.
    Flashing a ROM loads an entirely new operating system.

CleanROM 3.3 is a whole new operating system for your phone and will allow all the extra bells and whistles, see the reference link above, it will show you all the details.
    OK, Thanks for clearing that up with me!! LOL

Well, I've been on the fence on doing this to my 2-3 week old GN2 and just don't have the confidice to do this.
    To me its just to risky for just to have some features that AT&T doesn't have at this time.... at least until the update.

Thanks guys!

I have been skeptical about flashing, this is my first Andriod and I am terribly worries about screwing it up.... I have been waiting to ensure everything is stable since this is a new phone, but I think it is time to jump. Thank you for the references and the confidence!

Jump completed, running CleanROM 3.3, seems to be running great!! Thanks again!

Reference Here
    Use GooManager to install TWRP.
    Must have custom recovery installed. I recommend the latest version of twrp.
    Copy ROM to storage
    Reboot to Recovery
    Recommend Factory Reset in Recovery!
    Flash ROM and Select Options!
    Reboot to System
    Profit!

I am downloading it right now at about 100 kbps, maybe the server is just busy.
    Thank you for your help.. I woke up this morning and got it to download finally.. at around 800 kbps.. so must of been the server.. on to a new problem lol..

I already had twrp installed and made a backup or my current setup on my phone.. and I saved that to my phone storage and then moved it to my external sd card (because when you install a new rom you want to wipe everything so the backup would be wiped as well correct.. or am I wrong?).. so I have that backup.. hooked my phone to my computer this morning.. and first off.. it gives me an error of can't connect the phone to computer.. but after a few seconds it connects and I can interact with the storage and drag and drop as usual.. dragged the zip file to external sd card (and tried phone storage as well) and will start to transfer but after about 5 minutes it gives me an error that it can't do it and locks up and have to unplug the phone again.. am I supposed to put it in to twrp then connect it to the computer and drag it then?
    Sorry for all the questions.. I have no clue how to do this.. I guess this stuff is easy for some, but surely not for me lol..

update: just tried to copy a text file just to see if I could do that.. and it won't even allow me to do that..
    Last edited by bellamyepl; 12-21-2012 at 06:52 AM.

HOW and where do you add the ROM? SD card or Storage? I ANSWERED my OWN question: Place the ZIP file on YOUR storage.. NOT SD card..

I was Finally able to get rooted and get CleanROM 3.3 installed

Now on 4.1.2 with CleanROM 3.3

However I don't have 4g just H+

Im in Arizona and they just put up new LTE towers in Phx.. anyone?

I have the SGN2 I317 on ATT..
    Last edited by NavyVet420; 12-21-2012 at 11:26 AM.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet420 View Post
    HOW and where do you add the ROM? SD card or Storage? I ANSWERED my OWN question: Place the ZIP file on YOUR storage.. NOT SD card..

I was Finally able to get rooted and get CleanROM 3.3 installed
    Now on 4.1.2 with CleanROM 3.3

However I don't have 4g just H+

Im in Arizona and they just put up new LTE towers in Phx.. anyone?

I have the SGN2 I317 on ATT..
    You can flash zips from SD card as well saving lots of internal memory.
    It always a good thing to have copy of original-1st recovery backup in Internal memory & SD card.

Clean rom 4.1.2 is international rom base thus H - H+ & 4G icons are the norm. When 4G icon displays your getting 4G lte data speed.

Here are some tweaks that mod data icons for Cleanrom.3.3:
    xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][12/15] CleanROM 3.3 -★| Aroma! | JB 4.1.2! | Multi-View! | Fast! | Clean! |★-
    Last edited by slingbox#AC; 12-21-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Ok Thank You for the info.. your links worked..

I will donate soon to those I used their links.. You deserve some recognition for what you do. I now have MV and its cool.

Hello all!

Slingbox, question for you: remember I asked about the boot animations? You have me the link? Those aren't flashable are they?

Thanks much.

Oh, and what other roms are good for beginners with this device that you know of, if any?

And also, the status bar mods such as the ones by T84, are they good as the are based off clean rom?
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

Quote Originally Posted by MatroxD View Post
    Hello all!

Slingbox, question for you: remember I asked about the boot animations? You have me the link? Those aren't flashable are they?

Thanks much.

Oh, and what other roms are good for beginners with this device that you know of, if any?
    Here are some great Boot animations created by Cleanrom developer , Backup & clear caches before flashing zip - Goo.im Downloads - Downloading CleanROM Boot Animation Collection - N2.zip

Cleanrom is the best for beginners & advance......The rom is tip top stable with lots of good.

JELLYTHUNDER 4.1.2 PERFECT STORM [XXDLL1] "BLACKOUT" RC1 would be my second choice.

[Rom/Port] [N7105XXDLL1] JellyThunder 4.1.2 "Blackout" RC1[12/20/2012] - xda-developers

Both statusbar data icon mods in my previous post are built from Cleanrom3.3 systemUI files.....the second mod being mine

Here are some great Boot animations created by Cleanrom developer , Backup & clear caches before flashing zip - Goo.im Downloads - Downloading CleanROM Boot Animation Collection - N2.zip

Cleanrom is the best for beginners & advance......The rom is tip top stable with lots of good.

JELLYTHUNDER 4.1.2 PERFECT STORM [XXDLL1] "BLACKOUT" RC1 would be my second choice.
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/17/ahu6yve6.jpg
    [Rom/Port] [N7105XXDLL1] JellyThunder 4.1.2 "Blackout" RC1[12/20/2012] - xda-developers

Both statusbar data icon mods in my previous post are built from Cleanrom3.3 systemUI files.....the second mod being mine
    Cool, I'm downloading the collection now.

And the ones you mentioned previous post. Is that the one you pm me?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, going to flash.

Default Re: [AT&T][GALAXY NOTE 2] ***How To Root***

Strange, it's just looping the Samsung one, even after it States successful flash?

Default Re: [AT&T][GALAXY NOTE 2] ***How To Root***

Got it, it Doesn't work with the Perseus Kernel. And then when I used it on the backup, the device became extremely laggy. I will wait on this one?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast