[AT&T] Person who is not new to root is confused about rooting AT&T Note 2

anon(590893)

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually thinking of rooting my glorious Note 2. But before that, I'm still confused on some things on the process (granted, I do know the whole spiel on rooting because of my Inspire :) )

1. Which root method would (in theory) create the most stable rooted environment? CF-Root or the Exynos APK?

2. What problems (if any) have you experienced after root?

3. On flashing ROMs; When you flash a new ROM based off stock after coming from rooted stock; what's the whole process on TWRP? I ask because I solely use on device memory versus an SD card and I fear losing data.

4. On CleanROM; Is the ROM really that stable and fast as they say it is? Because then... :)

5. On unrooting, if one does not flash a new ROM but does flash a new recovery, how do you unroot?

Answers will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Person who is not new to root is confused about rooting AT&T Note 2

I probably can't answer your questions all that well. I lack the technical expertise. But I was guided to some you tube videos and they really, really helped. I've found that a lot of the folks on here are techno geeks :) which is said in an admiring way. I wish I knew as much as they do. Trouble is, they don't always explain that well and I find if I can watch someone doing something, it helps me out tremendously. These are the ones I found the most helpful. Btw, I've rooted but have not flashed a new rom yet but the rooting was way easier than I thought it would be.

How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [ALL VARIANTS] - YouTube
Samsung Galaxy Note II (2) Custom Recovery TWRP 2.3 How to - It's Easy and FREE - ItsBTsWorld - YouTube
Samsung Galaxy Note II How to load a custom ROM CleanROM Part 2 - ItsBTsWorld - YouTube
Samsung Galaxy Note II How to load a custom ROM CleanROM Part 1 - ItsBTsWorld - YouTube

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually thinking of rooting my glorious Note 2. But before that, I'm still confused on some things on the process (granted, I do know the whole spiel on rooting because of my Inspire :) )

1. Which root method would (in theory) create the most stable rooted environment? CF-Root or the Exynos APK?

2. What problems (if any) have you experienced after root?

3. On flashing ROMs; When you flash a new ROM based off stock after coming from rooted stock; what's the whole process on TWRP? I ask because I solely use on device memory versus an SD card and I fear losing data.

4. On CleanROM; Is the ROM really that stable and fast as they say it is? Because then... :)

5. On unrooting, if one does not flash a new ROM but does flash a new recovery, how do you unroot?

Answers will be greatly appreciated.

For number 3. Only clear system. If you do not wipe data, everything will still be on your phone. In twrp, wipe, system. Do not factory reset (will wipe data) and do not wipe data obviously. Clearing cache and dalvik are fine.

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
1. Root with cf auto root.
2. I have not had any problems with root other than problems I have caused myself
3. After root download goomanager from play store. Use that to install twrp. Then download rom and put on phone storage. I usually just download the rom from my phone. Use goomanager to flash the rom. The phone will reboot automatically into twrp. It is highly recommended to full factory reset by the rom writers to ensure no problems. So it might be best to back your phone up to the pc if you don't wanna lose anything. After factory reset choose the install option and tell twrp where the rom zip is located and it will do the rest. With clean rom you are presented with option to install specific things for customization purposes. Your choice on what you want.
4. Yes clean rom is very stable.
5. If you want to unroot just go to the root app SuperSU and choose the option to full unroot.
Sent via Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital