[SPRINT] [GUIDE] How to ROOT and UNROOT The Sprint Note2

mathkid76

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a system update for my Note 2...its getting really annoying to keep hitting instal later, any suggestions on how I can stop this from coming or maybe update it?

Btw it is rooted from the root on this thread

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a system update for my Note 2...its getting really annoying to keep hitting instal later, any suggestions on how I can stop this from coming or maybe update it?

Btw it is rooted from the root on this thread

Download and install an updated prerooted stock or custom Rom or return to stock get completely up to date and re root.

bigpapa2001

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
ok so i got it back up and it did like 5 or 6 updates does that mean im unrooted? i was able to follow everything on the instructions except clearing the count at the start with the triangle app would say no permissions and something about super user is that bad? thanks for all the help

bigpapa2001

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Boot into recovery and perform a factory reset.

ok so i got it back up and it did like 5 or 6 updates does that mean im unrooted? i was able to follow everything on the instructions except clearing the count at the start with the triangle app would say no permissions and something about super user is that bad? thanks for all the help

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

You are urooted. You were supposed to use triangle away before you unrooted because you have to be routed to use it.

You should be fine.

jayroc80

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
ODIN Fail

My phone was rooted using Mack's 5.0 All Star ROM. It was done correctly as I had Super User rights but I needed to unroot, because I was getting a system update message.

I followed the Unroot instructions posted but I continue to get this "FAIL" error when using ODIN...and advice is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• ODIN FAIL.jpg
    ODIN FAIL.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 24

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: ODIN Fail

My phone was rooted using Mack's 5.0 All Star ROM. It was done correctly as I had Super User rights but I needed to unroot, because I was getting a system update message.

I followed the Unroot instructions posted but I continue to get this "FAIL" error when using ODIN...and advice is greatly appreciated.

What unroot instructions were you following?

dellagregg

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I used a real one click root method this time. I have rooted every Andis phone I every had so I know the process but this time I don't have a pc. I found a link I clicked it once it downloaded it clicked the file and. BAM I was rooted. I've been rooted for about 2 weeks new and out worked great. I'm on stock ROM. Still haven't found the right one yet. I love my phone the way it is I just needed a Lil freedom.

Sent from my gorgeous Galaxy Note II aka CJ. <3

alexandrubenza

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Everything worked out great! No data loss, phone is now updated, and TWRP is gone from my phone! Thanks for all of your time and help!

Hi, I would like to have the same thing, updated and stock and I'm rooted with CWM and TWRP but on stock ROM. Thing is, I see this thanks but I don't see a solution above it, in between when you posted your question with the death note and this.

Could you point me to the process you followed? I've been flashing a stock recovery via Note 2 Toolkit, then Triangling away the flash counter, then full unrooting from SuperSU, then factory data reset + wipe + cache wipe, but device still says modified.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

lingo622

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Now I'm sure this is a noob questions but when I root and boot my phone back up will it look exactly the same? I haven't installed any custom OS yet.

EDIT: Also, if I use the CW Rom Manager, it asks to set up a recovery. That would be the TWRP Recovery correct?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Now I'm sure this is a noob questions but when I root and boot my phone back up will it look exactly the same? I haven't installed any custom OS yet.

EDIT: Also, if I use the CW Rom Manager, it asks to set up a recovery. That would be the TWRP Recovery correct?

No. Rom manager will only install cwm recovery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante