Default Re: Best Custom ROM

The N2 does support a 64 gig card
    Galaxy S4
    MatroxD likes this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

ROM
    CleanROM 1.5 ATT SE

Good deal! Thanks. Does it lose any of the S Pen or S Note functionality?
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    It's as the title says, very very clean, super fast and outstanding battery life. I have 5 customers ROMs installed on my SD card and this one is my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by destefmx6 View Post
    Good deal! Thanks. Does it lose any of the S Pen or S Note functionality?
    It's didn't on mine. Lots of peeps are using custom kernels with it, mine is just the stand alone Ace.
    Galaxy S4
    Thanked by:

Running CleanROM 3.5....fast, stable, bloat free, and just plain close to stock with all the features the phone should have from Samsung.

BTW- I have two 16gb SD cards one is back-up.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by UsedName View Post
    Running CleanROM 3.5....fast, stable, bloat free, and just plain close to stock with all the features the phone should have from Samsung.

BTW- I have two 16gb SD cards one is back-up.
    Cool, thanks for the part about the sd cards.

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

ROM
    CleanROM 1.5 ATT SE

I'm going to give the 3.5 CleanRom a go this weekend.....or ACE....lol Maybe both. lol wish me luck.

CleanROM ACE 4.0.5
    Note2Core OC kernel
    Nova Launcher
    Active Lock Sceen

I came from the iPhone world, this phone is AWESOME, loving the options and customization. Getting super battery life as well!

No problems with S Pen actions or any modems, have yet to run into anything issues.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

ROM
    CleanROM 1.5 ATT SE

I'm confusing myself now.....Is Ace just the updated version of 3.5 to 4.0.5? Or is it different from the 3.5?
    Quote Originally Posted by JayRatliff View Post
    CleanROM ACE 4.0.5
    Note2Core OC kernel
    Nova Launcher
    Active Lock Sceen

I came from the iPhone world, this phone is AWESOME, loving the options and customization. Getting super battery life as well!

No problems with S Pen actions or any modems, have yet to run into anything issues.

I'm confusing myself now.....Is Ace just the updated version of 3.5 to 4.0.5? Or is it different from the 3.5?
    ACE stands for All Carrier Edition, just the upgrade from 3.5. Details found
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

ROM
    CleanROM 1.5 ATT SE

Thank you. After taking a look, I am wondering if I should Use the At&t.......but, I don't want at&t's crudware, so I should just use ACE.....ugh, I just need to do it.

Thank you. After taking a look, I am wondering if I should Use the At&t.......but, I don't want at&t's crudware, so I should just use ACE.....ugh, I just need to do it.

All of the "bloatware" in the build is at your descretion: (install what you want and leave out what you don't want)

Aroma Installer Options:
    System Mods: Lidroid / Wanam 23 toggle Mod, MultiWindow Control Mod
    Boot Animation Support: Yes or No
    Launchers: Stock TouchWiz, Touchwiz 5x4 layout, TouchWiz 5x6 Layout, Apex Launcher, Nova Launcher
    AT&T and Samsung Apps: MyAT&T, AT&T Visual Voicemail, AT&T Messages, Kies, Samsung Photo Editor, Paper Artist, Polaris Office
    App Stores:Google Play, Amazon App Store
    File Manager: ES File Explorer or Stock File Manager
    Google Apps: Gmail, Maps, Streetview for Maps, Talk, YouTube, Play Music, Gogle Now and Voice Search, Voice,
    Misc Apps: Ad Blocking HOST file, Drop Box, Terminal Emulator, Adobe Flash
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

ROM
    CleanROM 1.5 ATT SE

just upped both roms to my sd card.
    Just so I am clear, I use goo to flash, then boot in safe mode, and install the new rom?
    got it. .you tube.com/ watch?v=b_knzq9w5ek....put in the spaces so it's not in the post.
    Last edited by destefmx6; 01-12-2013 at 12:50 PM.

just upped both roms to my sd card.
    Just so I am clear, I use goo to flash, then boot in safe mode, and install the new rom?
    got it. .you tube.com/ watch?v=b_knzq9w5ek....put in the spaces so it's not in the post.
    *** NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DEVICE ***
    I will post the instructions here, however, please follow the devs instructions when you load ROMs, different setups for different devs. They won't give you all the details, but you can scroll through XDA and find the breakdown of each instruction if you are unsure.

BACKUP YOUR ENTIRE SYSTEM FOR RECOVERY PURPOSES IN CASE YOU HAVE ISSUES

Install GooManager, grant it root access, then:
    Press Settings
    Install OpenRecoveryScript
    Reboot (you now have TWRP referenced below)

Instructions for flashing found :
    Must have custom recovery installed. I recommend the latest version of twrp.
    Copy ROM to storage
    Reboot to Recovery (press the Volume Up + Home Button + Power Button and hold them)
    Must wipe data and factory reset in Recovery. Failure to do so waves your "right" to support.
    Restoring any data from any back up also waves all your right to support. Please don't bother posting in the thread!
    Flash ROM and Select Options!
    Reboot to System
    Thanked by:
    MatroxD and destefmx6 like this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

ROM
    CleanROM 1.5 ATT SE

Red face Re: Best Custom ROM

Thank you! you mean if I screw up my phone, you won't fix it? ;-) I Love the Warning :-)

Followed all the directions. Backed up 3 ways......JIC. Now, I just have to flash and install.....tonight, after the kids go to sleep. Let you know how I do. Thanks again!

I will post the instructions here, however, please follow the devs instructions when you load ROMs, different setups for different devs. They won't give you all the details, but you can scroll through XDA and find the breakdown of each instruction if you are unsure.

Press Settings

Must have custom recovery installed. I recommend the latest version of twrp.
    Copy ROM to storage
    Reboot to Recovery (press the Volume Up + Home Button + Power Button and hold them)
    Must wipe data and factory reset in Recovery. Failure to do so waves your "right" to support.
    Restoring any data from any back up also waves all your right to support. Please don't bother posting in the thread!
    Flash ROM and Select Options!
    Reboot to System
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

ROM
    CleanROM 1.5 ATT SE

Press Settings

1.Must have custom recovery installed. I recommend the latest version of twrp.
    2. Copy ROM to storage
    3. Reboot to Recovery (press the Volume Up + Home Button + Power Button and hold them)
    4. Must wipe data and factory reset in Recovery. Failure to do so waves your "right" to support.
    5. Restoring any data from any back up also waves all your right to support. Please don't bother posting in the thread!
    6. Flash ROM and Select Options!
    7. Reboot to System
    1. Done
    2. Done
    3. Will do
    4. Will do.
    5. Will do.
    6. Will do.
    7. Will do.
    8. Thank You.

1. Done
    2. Done
    3. Will do
    4. Will do.
    5. Will do.
    6. Will do.
    7. Will do.
    8. Thank You.
    You are welcome, just flash the dang thing, it takes about 3-4 minutes to wipe and flash. Then it will take a few minutes for the phone to come up the first time you boot it after you flash it, don't freak out, it is writing all temp files and setting everything up prior to loading the launcher.

****A few words of wisdom from Scott:****
    Do NOT flash Mods or Themes unless they say CleanROM ACE 4.0 compatible!!!!
    Clean flashing is the only recommended flashing method! Anything else WILL lead to problems! Trust me!
    If you have problems go back and wipe data and re-flash. Do not report in the forum until you do so!
    If you fail to wipe Clean or you choose to restore data / apps or anything else from back up apps like Ti Back up you will suffer from a seriously degraded experience!
    If you flashed a Mod / Theme or Kernel do NOT report any bugs until you wipe Clean and re-flash with only options included in the ROM!
    Do it by hand or dont do it at all!
    Thanked by:
    MatroxD and destefmx6 like this.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

ROM
    CleanROM 1.5 ATT SE

Thanks Jay! Done. I almost crapped when I saw nothing(apps) on the screen, until I realized everything was reinstalling. I will post about the SE rom, and how it's working out. I flipped a coin....literally. :-)
    You are welcome, just flash the dang thing, it takes about 3-4 minutes to wipe and flash. Then it will take a few minutes for the phone to come up the first time you boot it after you flash it, don't freak out, it is writing all temp files and setting everything up prior to loading the launcher.

****A few words of wisdom from Scott:****
    Do NOT flash Mods or Themes unless they say CleanROM ACE 4.0 compatible!!!!
    Clean flashing is the only recommended flashing method! Anything else WILL lead to problems! Trust me!
    If you have problems go back and wipe data and re-flash. Do not report in the forum until you do so!
    If you fail to wipe Clean or you choose to restore data / apps or anything else from back up apps like Ti Back up you will suffer from a seriously degraded experience!
    If you flashed a Mod / Theme or Kernel do NOT report any bugs until you wipe Clean and re-flash with only options included in the ROM!
    Do it by hand or dont do it at all!

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Im contemplating installing cleanrom se 1.2 right now. My SE 1.0 works great at the moment. Id only really be doing it for 23 toggle mod. I may just wait a bit until maybe 1.5 or later.

Sent via Tapatalk
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

ROM
    CleanROM 1.5 ATT SE

The SE 1.2 is working very smoothly so far. The only mistake I made, even with all the different backups, was not backing my sms messages. lesson learned... but everything else is cool, some nice features to this! It's the same phone, but feels almost new again. I like to tinker and learn! Thumbs up Scott.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

ROM
    CleanROM 1.5 ATT SE

Huge battery life difference!!! Granted it's only been a day....but I could barely charge the phone through my laptop with the 466m usb port. Now, it's like 5% every hour to hour-n-half!

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

I installed my first mod today and it is so sweet. First I am rooted and have Cleanrom SE 1.0 on it. I changed the spen remove sound. Now when I take it out the sound of a light saber turning on plays. And when I put it away the sound of a light saber turning off plays. I love it.

If any one is interested you can either google for the mod or download the drippler app. Drippler is a news service that only delivers news for your specific phone. One of the articles for today has this mod

Sent via Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

ROM
    CleanROM 1.5 ATT SE

Anyone tried the Jedi x6, x3 rom? or any jedi rom for that matter. the galaxy not web guy says it's the best to date? I love my cleanRom, but I like to experiment.......

Anyone tried the Jedi x6, x3 rom? or any jedi rom for that matter. the galaxy not web guy says it's the best to date? I love my cleanRom, but I like to experiment.......
    No sir, CleanROM fan here. Try them all and see what you like!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    MatroxD likes this.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

ROM
    CleanROM 1.5 ATT SE

I'm liking the CleanRom SE 1.2 so far! new features, even better than the OTA, and battery life noticeably increased! I might try one in a month or two.....Just figured I would ask.

Quote Originally Posted by jdub1981 View Post
    ... I changed the spen remove sound. Now when I take it out the sound of a light saber turning on plays. And when I put it away the sound of a light saber turning off plays. I love it.

If any one is interested you can either google for the mod or download the drippler app. Drippler is a news service that only delivers news for your specific phone. One of the articles for today has this mod

Sent via Tapatalk
    Thank you sir, this is awesome. I downloaded both drippler and the saber... I will now have some S-aber battles.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast