Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Default Re: Best Custom ROM

I also am using the saber sounds for my s-pen. Love it. I'm running cleanrom se 1.2 and haven't noticed any problems thus far. What's the difference between this and Ace other than Ace being compatible with all carriers?

Sent from my Monstrous Galaxy Note II

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

I believe they are the same. Otger than the option to install carrier specific settings that is. Its as simple as going to xda and looking at the release note for both roms. I myself am running SE 1.0. I havent found the need to change roms recently. This one runs pretty good. I think the only difference between 1.0 and 1.2 is the ability to change boot animations and the 23 toggle mod. Nothing major.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    mc7hockey and destefmx6 like this.

I am on CleanRom ATT SE and loving it so far. I am going to spend a few weeks with this one and then try AOKP. This phone really is easy to root.
    destefmx6 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #54  

ROM
    CleanROM 1.5 ATT SE

Quick question, sorry if it's repetitive: If I flash my kernel, I don't lose any information, apps, and so forth? Right? It's just the processor settings?

.....Now that I've flashed the ROM, I started looking at overclocking.....Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with AT&T SE Rom 1.2v!!! Just curious.

Default Re: [AT&T] Best Custom ROM

Kernel is completely separate from your ROM. However, there can be specific things in your ROM that go with a certain kernel and you will lose those features if you flash a non compatibl kernel.

For instance the Note2Core kernels disable debugging, therefore, if you are a dev trying to locate a problem this would not be a kernel for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #56  

ROM
    CleanROM 1.5 ATT SE

And again Jay, exactly what I was looking for. thanks. I'll stick with the stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayRatliff View Post
    Kernel is completely separate from your ROM. However, there can be specific things in your ROM that go with a certain kernel and you will lose those features if you flash a non compatibl kernel.

For instance the Note2Core kernels disable debugging, therefore, if you are a dev trying to locate a problem this would not be a kernel for you.

Quote Originally Posted by destefmx6 View Post
    And again Jay, exactly what I was looking for. thanks. I'll stick with the stock.
    I run the Note2Core OC kernel. See better battery stats than I did with stock. It disables all debugging features that deal with the processor, therefore lowering the load and saving more juice. I was running persius in the beginning but am much happier with Note2Core.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123