1. Done
2. Done
3. Will do
4. Will do.
5. Will do.
6. Will do.
7. Will do.
8. Thank You.

You are welcome, just flash the dang thing, it takes about 3-4 minutes to wipe and flash. Then it will take a few minutes for the phone to come up the first time you boot it after you flash it, don't freak out, it is writing all temp files and setting everything up prior to loading the launcher.

****A few words of wisdom from Scott:****
Do NOT flash Mods or Themes unless they say CleanROM ACE 4.0 compatible!!!!
Clean flashing is the only recommended flashing method! Anything else WILL lead to problems! Trust me!
If you have problems go back and wipe data and re-flash. Do not report in the forum until you do so!
If you fail to wipe Clean or you choose to restore data / apps or anything else from back up apps like Ti Back up you will suffer from a seriously degraded experience!
If you flashed a Mod / Theme or Kernel do NOT report any bugs until you wipe Clean and re-flash with only options included in the ROM!
Do it by hand or dont do it at all!

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Best Custom ROM

Thanks Jay! Done. I almost crapped when I saw nothing(apps) on the screen, until I realized everything was reinstalling. I will post about the SE rom, and how it's working out. I flipped a coin....literally. :)
You are welcome, just flash the dang thing, it takes about 3-4 minutes to wipe and flash. Then it will take a few minutes for the phone to come up the first time you boot it after you flash it, don't freak out, it is writing all temp files and setting everything up prior to loading the launcher.

****A few words of wisdom from Scott:****
Do NOT flash Mods or Themes unless they say CleanROM ACE 4.0 compatible!!!!
Clean flashing is the only recommended flashing method! Anything else WILL lead to problems! Trust me!
If you have problems go back and wipe data and re-flash. Do not report in the forum until you do so!
If you fail to wipe Clean or you choose to restore data / apps or anything else from back up apps like Ti Back up you will suffer from a seriously degraded experience!
If you flashed a Mod / Theme or Kernel do NOT report any bugs until you wipe Clean and re-flash with only options included in the ROM!
Do it by hand or dont do it at all!

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

Im contemplating installing cleanrom se 1.2 right now. My SE 1.0 works great at the moment. Id only really be doing it for 23 toggle mod. I may just wait a bit until maybe 1.5 or later.

Sent via Tapatalk

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

The SE 1.2 is working very smoothly so far. The only mistake I made, even with all the different backups, was not backing my sms messages. lesson learned... but everything else is cool, some nice features to this! It's the same phone, but feels almost new again. I like to tinker and learn! Thumbs up Scott.

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

Huge battery life difference!!! Granted it's only been a day....but I could barely charge the phone through my laptop with the 466m usb port. Now, it's like 5% every hour to hour-n-half!

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

I installed my first mod today and it is so sweet. First I am rooted and have Cleanrom SE 1.0 on it. I changed the spen remove sound. Now when I take it out the sound of a light saber turning on plays. And when I put it away the sound of a light saber turning off plays. I love it.

If any one is interested you can either google for the mod or download the drippler app. Drippler is a news service that only delivers news for your specific phone. One of the articles for today has this mod

Sent via Tapatalk

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

Anyone tried the Jedi x6, x3 rom? or any jedi rom for that matter. the galaxy not web guy says it's the best to date? I love my cleanRom, but I like to experiment.......

JayRatliff

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

Anyone tried the Jedi x6, x3 rom? or any jedi rom for that matter. the galaxy not web guy says it's the best to date? I love my cleanRom, but I like to experiment.......

No sir, CleanROM fan here. Try them all and see what you like!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm liking the CleanRom SE 1.2 so far! new features, even better than the OTA, and battery life noticeably increased! I might try one in a month or two.....Just figured I would ask.

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site

... I changed the spen remove sound. Now when I take it out the sound of a light saber turning on plays. And when I put it away the sound of a light saber turning off plays. I love it.

If any one is interested you can either google for the mod or download the drippler app. Drippler is a news service that only delivers news for your specific phone. One of the articles for today has this mod

Sent via Tapatalk

Thank you sir, this is awesome. I downloaded both drippler and the saber... I will now have some S-aber battles.

mc7hockey

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I also am using the saber sounds for my s-pen. Love it. I'm running cleanrom se 1.2 and haven't noticed any problems thus far. What's the difference between this and Ace other than Ace being compatible with all carriers?

Sent from my Monstrous Galaxy Note II

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

I believe they are the same. Otger than the option to install carrier specific settings that is. Its as simple as going to xda and looking at the release note for both roms. I myself am running SE 1.0. I havent found the need to change roms recently. This one runs pretty good. I think the only difference between 1.0 and 1.2 is the ability to change boot animations and the 23 toggle mod. Nothing major.

Sent via Tapatalk

webb3201

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

I am on CleanRom ATT SE and loving it so far. I am going to spend a few weeks with this one and then try AOKP. This phone really is easy to root.

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

Quick question, sorry if it's repetitive: If I flash my kernel, I don't lose any information, apps, and so forth? Right? It's just the processor settings?

.....Now that I've flashed the ROM, I started looking at overclocking.....Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with AT&T SE Rom 1.2v!!! Just curious.

JayRatliff

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Kernel is completely separate from your ROM. However, there can be specific things in your ROM that go with a certain kernel and you will lose those features if you flash a non compatibl kernel.

For instance the Note2Core kernels disable debugging, therefore, if you are a dev trying to locate a problem this would not be a kernel for you.

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
And again Jay, exactly what I was looking for. thanks. I'll stick with the stock.
Kernel is completely separate from your ROM. However, there can be specific things in your ROM that go with a certain kernel and you will lose those features if you flash a non compatibl kernel.

For instance the Note2Core kernels disable debugging, therefore, if you are a dev trying to locate a problem this would not be a kernel for you.

JayRatliff

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
And again Jay, exactly what I was looking for. thanks. I'll stick with the stock.

I run the Note2Core OC kernel. See better battery stats than I did with stock. It disables all debugging features that deal with the processor, therefore lowering the load and saving more juice. I was running persius in the beginning but am much happier with Note2Core.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae