[T-MOBILE] Note 2 Doesn't Get past Performing Data Wipe

jluna1

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone can help me out with the boot loop my Note II is stuck on. I was running My Rom and decided to download and try MY UI rom. I downloaded the rom and using Rom Manager I had the phone boot into recovery wipe and install. The phone booted into recovery and and started to wipe like it normally does. It gets as far as Formatting /data but then reboots. It goes back into recovery and does the Formatting /data and reboots again. I tried taking the battery out waiting a little bit and put it into download mode so I can flash with odin but it just boots into recovery and starts to wipe and reboots. Any ideas on how to fix this?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 2 Doesn't Get past Performing Data Wipe

I was wondering if anyone can help me out with the boot loop my Note II is stuck on. I was running My Rom and decided to download and try MY UI rom. I downloaded the rom and using Rom Manager I had the phone boot into recovery wipe and install. The phone booted into recovery and and started to wipe like it normally does. It gets as far as Formatting /data but then reboots. It goes back into recovery and does the Formatting /data and reboots again. I tried taking the battery out waiting a little bit and put it into download mode so I can flash with odin but it just boots into recovery and starts to wipe and reboots. Any ideas on how to fix this?

From now on dont use Rom manager. So when you press volume down/home key/ then press and hold power it goes to recovery?

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

jluna1

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
From now on dont use Rom manager. So when you press volume down/home key/ then press and hold power it goes to recovery?

I agree, don't want to risk this happening to my S3 as well. Yes that is correct. Even if I pull the battery put it back in and just press the power button it boots into recovery and starts to wipe and reboots.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

I agree, don't want to risk this happening to my S3 as well. Yes that is correct. Even if I pull the battery put it back in and just press the power button it boots into recovery and starts to wipe and reboots.

Sounds like you flashed something for a different phone. Did you download the rom from rom manager aswell?. Try pulling out the battery. Connecting to the computer. With the battery still out try getting into download mode

jluna1

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

No I just used it to back up and flash. I downloaded the Roms from the Xda Forum. Thank you I will try that, hopefully it works.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

No I just used it to back up and flash. I downloaded the Roms from the Xda Forum. Thank you I will try that, hopefully it works.

Can you link me to n the rom you b were trying to use

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

{ROM}{-MyRom V3-}{-T-MOB 4.1.1-}{-UVALK8-}{-AROMA-}{1-4-13-} - xda-developers

How is it you boot into download mode without the battery? Do I hold down power and volume buttons while plugging in the USB?

No . Plug in first. Hold down volume down+home button. Continue to hold them and press power. Keep holding all three til it brings you to the accept or cancel screen. Then you can pop the battery back in

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

Rom manager = brick
I trust it on no device.
If you want somthing done right do it yourself the long way lol

Sent from my SGH-T889

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts