Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DroidXcon
  • 1 Post By DroidXcon
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [AT&T] Root question.

I recently traded my iphone 5 for this beauty it is rooted and has SuperSu on it. Can I download and flash roms and such or do I need something else?

Sent from my Monstrous Galaxy Note II

Global Posts
    1,386 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ATT SE 1.0

Default Re: Root question.

You need a custom recovery and the rom of your choice.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by mc7hockey View Post
    I recently traded my iphone 5 for this beauty it is rooted and has SuperSu on it. Can I download and flash roms and such or do I need something else?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-g...-how-root.html
    step #2
    mc7hockey likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Ok, because I am already rooted can I install a recovery directly from my phone or do I need to do it from the computer?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for now

Ok, because I am already rooted can I install a recovery directly from my phone or do I need to do it from the computer?

I have vzw version . But I think you can download goo manager from your phone. Read the link I gave you. It should explain

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    MatroxD likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    I have vzw version . But I think you can download goo manager from your phone. Read the link I gave you. It should explain

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    I concur. Only thing I would add, which is already implied, is to be sure to watch the video on how to enable twrp. Once you have twrp, you have fun ahead. Just remember to back up your stable configurations in case of the need to revert at some point.

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk

There are really two ways to go:
    TWRP
    CWM

Depending on the ROM and Kernel you choose to use, each developer builds based on what recovery method they find best. Basically when you load a ROM, you are loading an entirely new operating system for your Note 2. Most ROMs come pre-rooted and free of bloatware. Make sure you do your homework and understand what setup you are running to ensure you load tools that will work. You will have to involve your computer to load the CWM recovery method which is flashed with Odin, but you can load the TWRP via GooManager directly from your Note 2.

I am running TWRP, CleanROM, and the Note2Core kernel, phone is running really good and I am very happy!! My setup is entirely done from the phone, no PC needed.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Ok, I have goo manager, how do I download twrp from it. I watched the video but am not sure how to download it. Thanks in advance!

In the menu there should be an option for Install OpenRecoveryScript. Select that and the app should do the rest. You may have to choose Install OpenRecoveryScript twice since the app will probably ask for root permissions the first time.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Ok I downloaded the open recovery script but nothing happened. What do I do now? Sorry for all the questions

Global Posts
    1,386 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ATT SE 1.0

You go the top of the previous page where it says how to root. Read that. Then go to xda and read the android development forums for your phone. Make the choice about which roms suit your needs best and then download it.

Sent via Tapatalk

Default Re: [AT&T] Root question.

Ok I downloaded the open recovery script but nothing happened. What do I do now? Sorry for all the questions

Once you install open recovery reboot into twrp and you can wipe cache and flash away. If you dont have a reboot option menu installed, reboot and hold the volume up + home + power button. That will get you into twrp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums